Gamasutra: The Art & Business of Making Gamesspacer
View All     RSS
September 3, 2015
arrowPress Releases
September 3, 2015
PR Newswire
View All






If you enjoy reading this site, you might also want to check out these UBM Tech sites:


Report: Just 10 Publishers Claim Over Half Of Top 300 Paid iPhone Games
Report: Just 10 Publishers Claim Over Half Of Top 300 Paid iPhone Games
July 27, 2011 | By Mike Rose




Mobile application analytics company Distimo has released a new mobile gaming trends report, noting that just 10 publishers account for more than half of all downloads in the top 300 most popular paid games for iPhone.

The Mobile Gaming Trends: Popularity, Pricing and Monetization report takes into account a wide range of mobile app stores, including the Apple App Store, Blackberry App World, Google Android Marketplace and the Windows Phone 7 Marketplace.

During last month in the U.S., the average selling price of mobile games declined by 28 percent compared to the same month last year. However, revenue from the top freemium iPhone games increased tenfold.

Overall the total revenue generated by the top grossing games in the Apple App Store increased by 79 percent year-on-year, according to the report.

Virtual currencies in mobile games are a huge driving force for popularity of apps, with 35 percent of the top 300 free games in the Apple App Store using in-app purchases as their monetization model.

Comparing apps versus games in the Apple App Store, the report noted that 72 percent of App Store downloads are games, while the other 28 percent are regular applications.

A report earlier in the week from mobile analytics firm Flurry found that the average in-app purchase through games on iOS and Android platforms is worth $14.


Related Jobs

Infinity Ward / Activision
Infinity Ward / Activision — Woodland Hills, California, United States
[09.03.15]

Senior Game Designer (Scripter - MP) - Infinity Ward
Infinity Ward / Activision
Infinity Ward / Activision — Woodland Hills, California, United States
[09.03.15]

Senior Game Designer (Scripter - SP) - Infinity Ward
Respawn Entertainment
Respawn Entertainment — Van Nuys, California, United States
[09.02.15]

Senior Environment Artist
Respawn Entertainment
Respawn Entertainment — Van Nuys, California, United States
[09.02.15]

Senior Systems Designer









Loading Comments

loader image