38 Studios and EA's Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning took the top spot in the UK software sales charts in its launch weekend.
For the week ended February 11, and according to data from tracking firm Chart-Track, Kingdoms of Amalur is the first original IP RPG to top the charts since Pokemon Red back in 2000.
Last week's number one, Final Fantasy XIII-2, was forced down to number two with a 54 percent drop in sales week-over-week, while newcomer The Darkness II entered the charts at number three.
The majority of the titles in the top 10 saw a drop in sales week-over-week, with Metal Gear Solid HD Collection sales down 49 percent, FIFA 12 sales down 19 percent, and Battlefield 3 sales down 29 percent.
Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games re-entered the charts at number 10, thanks to the release of the Nintendo 3DS version of the game.
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (EA)
2. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix)
3. The Darkness II (2K Games)
4. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami)
5. FIFA 12 (EA)
6. Battlefield 3 (EA)
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision)
8. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (Ubisoft)
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
10. Mario & Sonic London 2012 Olympic Games (Sega)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
The Xbox 360 version of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning took number one in Chart-Track's individual formats top 10 chart, while the PS3 version only managed to snag ninth position.
The Darkness II, the other new entry into the chart last week, took second position with its Xbox 360 version.
1. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (EA, Xbox 360)
2. The Darkness II (2K Games, Xbox 360)
3. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix, Xbox 360)
4. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Square Enix, PS3)
5. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami, Xbox 360)
6. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (Konami, PS3)
7. Battlefield 3 (EA, Xbox 360)
8. Just Dance 3 (Ubisoft, Wii)
9. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (EA, PS3)
10. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Activision, Xbox 360)