[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
Dear Journalists & Community,
Miner Wars 2081 Beta is now available on Steam! If you own copy
of Miner Wars 2081 (purchased at
www.minerwars.com, Desura, Gamestop, Gamersgate,
or almost any other place):
1) Get your Steam key:
2) Open your Steam client; go to menu; click 'Games'; then
'Activate a product on Steam'
3) Type the key and wait until the game installs
4) Enjoy Miner Wars 2081
If you don’t own Miner Wars 2081 – you still can
purchase the Beta from our site:
Official launch date is November 28
th, only one week from now. On launch day, the game will
update itself from beta to full game.
Journalists – you can use this updated Miner Wars art
I myself enjoy playing Miner Wars and I am surprised how
engaging the story actually is.
The game now uses Steam Cloud. We are now adding Steam
Marek Rosa & The Miner Wars Team
Miner Wars 2081
Miner Wars 2081 is a 6DOF action-survival space-shooter
simulation-game set in the year 2081, 10 years after the
destruction of all planetary objects in the Solar System.
You operate an advanced mining ship in a fully destructible and
open-world environment, which remains persistent as you complete
missions or play online with others. Realism and survival are key
aspects of gameplay. Inventory and the way you use resources such
as fuel, ammunition, oxygen, ore, and weapons are important when
surrounded by dozens of warring factions.
The gameplay is driven by an epic story and offers a choice of
single player, co-op, and death-match multi-player.
The story will introduce you to many types of missions: rescue,
exploration, revenge, base defense, theft, transportation, stealth,
search and destroy, pure harvesting, racing, or just flying around
and destroying everything you see.
- Fully destructible and persistent (dig through asteroids,
build / destroy space stations ...)
- Seamless transition between outdoor and indoor
- Full Solar System traveling (billions of sectors)
- 6DOF - six degrees of freedom
- Skill-based game
- Fast adrenaline-pumping action
- Joystick Support
- Story campaign - 31 epic missions
- Mining and Exploration – Players are encouraged to
explore and harvest
- Trading & Looting
- 50 weapons, armors, medicines, tools...
- 22 player ships
- RPG-like / Survival game-play
- Co-op up to 16 players
- Death-match up to 16 players
Survival & Sandbox
- Factions (Fourth Reich, Euro-American Confederation, China
- Devoted community which crowd-funded the development
- In-game editor
Gameplay time: about 15 hours of straight
game play, but could take you much longer considering the
free-roaming / sandbox gameplay, in-game editor and
ABOUT KEEN SOFTWARE HOUSE:
Keen Software House a. s. is an independent software development
and publishing company focused on creating innovative video games.
We are passionate gamers who love developing games, and we are
committed to making the kinds of games that players crave.
NOTE TO EDITORS:
(Feel free to use pictures, videos and texts from this site to
preview the Miner Wars game)