Syndemic: New Biology-themed Roguelike Shooter
Syndemic is a randomly-generated action shooter game that emphasizes upgrades, quick reflexes, and microbial puzzle-solving in a biological setting. Take control of a unique microbe that can dodge, tumble and weave through bodily tissues and avoid swarms of invasive pathogens. Accumulate a massive arsenal of antibiotic weaponry, upgrade your genome and cell structure, and unleash powerful metabolic abilities. Explore the human body, destroy invading diseases, assist the immune system, and ultimately, discover your origin and the fate of your host.
· Randomly-generated levels and environments filled with microscopic enemies and biological hazards.
· Experience events inspired by real biology: chase down a cancer cell before it metastasizes, investigate prion sightings in the brain, clear cholesterol from the bloodstream, and guide immune cells to sites of infection.
· More than 100 possible antibiotic weapon combinations, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, including rare 'designer drugs' capable of mowing down dozens of enemies in a single blast
· Enlist or exploit the immune system; use the body's cells as shields, tools to solve puzzles, or feed them your slain enemies to gain powerful allies
· Stylized, living backgrounds that simulate the interior of the human body... travel the bloodstream, survive the stomach, and wage war in the brain!
We've launched a funding site on indiegogo.com, where contributors can name a species of microbe, design a weapon, or have their eyeball turned into a battleground:
We appreciate all support!