[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
Evochron Mercenary version 2.288 is now available for
download. As usual, the installer can also be used to update
older versions of the game. It can be downloaded here:
This update includes the following improvements:
- Improved rendering performance for most systems.
- Mod placement options added for text chat/message log.
- Improved activation performance for the dynamic cube mapping
system for planetary water (eliminating the 0.5-1 second pause on
- New loading mechanism applied to planet meshes and city meshes
to better support systems with limited/restricted hard drive
performance/functionality (ie file error 105).
- Fix for loading issue causing stored custom weapons in hangars
to have removed stats.
- Updated collision system for planetary terrain to reduce
overall memory use.
- Training mode can now be completed using profiles saved in
- Adjusted click ranges in configure controls menus.
- Improved lens flare masking for capital ships.
- Several minor bug fixes.