[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
Genoa, Italy – May 1
st UNAgames wants to celebrate the
Workers' Day with all workers playing iOS games,
giving for FREE its space action shooter
Tapsteroids, which comes today with a
major update. May 1 is a national holiday in more
than 80 countries and celebrated unofficially in many other
countries, UNAgames hopes that everyone around the world will enjoy
this GIFT in this special day.
As this is not only a price drop but also an update, below there
are the details of the new features.
Technically, the game is now a
Universal build with native support for both
iPhone (5, 4S, 4, 3GS) and iPad. A preliminary native support for
iPhone 5 is added, on which UNAgames will work further after this
gameplay has been enhanced as follows:
- At the beginning of every match, an extra life can be
- No more locked levels, now players can match their skill since
the first match.
- Each difficulty level has its own score multiplier: more
challenge, more points.
- New space stations to land in for all the spaceships
- New tutor character inspired by old anime cartoons.
A tribute to the classic arcade games, this fast-paced action
shooter requires skill and strategy. Destroy all the asteroids with
the available weapons to protect the landing of spaceships on your
Honors & Awards
- Nominated in the "Best Italian Indie Game" category at Drago
D'Oro awards 2013.
- Elected “Game of the Week” by iSpazio.net (week
- Featured by Apple on the US and Mexican App Stores in
“New & Noteworthy” section, and also in the
“Action” and “Arcade” sections in Italy,
France Netherlands and Japan.
UNAgames is an indie game development studio based in Genoa
– Italy, focused on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad devices. The
team is comprised of Daniele, a
seasoned programmer with a AAA game development experience and
Erika, a mathematician with the passion for graphics.
Daniele Benegiamo –