[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
August 22, 2013 – War of Words 2 is the game
of brawling wordsmiths that dares to merge word-games with
explosives. Today, Everplay Interactive's frenetic merging of
linguistics and multiplayer destruction receives a massive upgrade
with a sale on expansions in the App Store. Even better, for a
limited time, newcomers can jump on board for FREE.
In War of Words 2, winners aren't decided by the sizes of their
dictionaries. You need to bomb, blast, and decimate your opponent's
tiles, stay on the defensive with protective shields, manipulate
the board to your advantage, and watch your back in four-person
- 32 new Boards and Action tiles for added competition.
- Customize your game with new tiles, avatars, and powers.
- Double the amount of active games, for a grand total of 60
– if your brain can handle that.
Limited Time Sale:
In addition to giving away War of Words 2 free-of-charge, for a
limited time, Everplay is introducing and discounting new Expansion
Packs, giving you even more power to alter the battlefield. Avoid
the smoldering destruction of encroaching lava flows and a
disintegrating board in Jungle of the Elements, or try to survive
against sandstorms and mummies in Sands of Time.
About War of Words 2:
War of Words 2 is a tactical game that twists the traditional
crossword into an all-out battle with Bombs, Poisons, Blasters,
Black Holes, Portals, Nuclear Bombs, and more. Unlock new powers
and boards as you level-up, customize your style with special tiles
and avatars, prove yourself in four-person matches, or face certain
death in Nightmare Mode.
- Turn-based multiplayer with up to four people.
- Action Tiles, including bombs, blasters, and shields, demand
- Dozens of stages with game-altering consequences.
- Define YOUR style with unique avatars and tiles.
- Online Chat to smack talk (or compliment, we suppose) your
- GameCenter integration to track leaderboards and achievements