Dragon’s Prophet Available Today
BERLIN & SAN DIEGO – Sept. 18, 2013 – The time to CAPTURE, TRAIN, RIDE and FIGHT hundreds of dragons has arrived! Infernum Productions and Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) today announced the launch of one of the largest dragon-based massively multiplayer online (MMO) games ever created in Europe and North America. In this free-to-play MMO, players fight alongside and against hundreds of unique dragons that roam the land, sea and air.
“At last the Day of the Prophet is finally here! Even though it’s always special to release a new game, MMORPGs play on a different level. Thanks to the help of our enthusiastic community as well as the tireless work of the developer, Auratia, the home of Dragon’s Prophet now shines brighter than ever before”, said Kristian Metzger, Director Product Management at Infernum. “Since the start of Open Beta in May, many thrilling features as well as new content packages have been added to the game while existing systems have been drastically improved. The 100+ pages full of patch notes are a testament of these efforts. Now Dragon’s Prophet offers everything an enthusiast of fantasy games could wish for. An engaging combat system, epic guild battles, challenging dungeons as well more than 300 mighty dragons; the best kind of companions you could imagine!”
“Dragon’s Prophet combines an insane variety of powerful and majestic dragons with an action-based combat and end-game siege system to create one of the most unique gaming experiences for fantasy MMO enthusiasts,” said Todd Carson, Senior Producer of Dragon’s Prophet. “We know players are eager and ready for action and launch brings many exciting developments from Open Beta, including new dungeons, a level cap increase, a revamped Starting Zone, World Boss and the much-anticipated Frontier System.”
Beginning today, players can participate in massive player versus player (PvP) battles, form alliances consisting of multiple guilds, and experience aerial and mounted combat. Aided by siege weaponry and Alliance Guardian Dragons, alliances will engage in large-scale PvP wars to assert their superiority and achieve the ultimate prize: Eventual control of different territories in the Auratian Sky Islands.
Aspiring Prophets can explore, fight new creatures, and battle through four new dungeons in Inartia. They can also take on a skeletal World Boss and new quests in Puretia. Live broadcast functionality has been integrated into Dragon’s Prophet, and players will be able to stream their dragon capturing and fighting experiences directly to the Twitch Platform.
“We want to ensure that the player experience only improves and becomes more dragon-filled as we move forward,” said Tony Tang, founder and vice president of business development at Runewaker Entertainment. “We are continuing to work closely with both Infernum and SOE to design exciting features to be implemented post-launch like dragon versus dragon arenas, a raid system and air-to-air combat.”
Developed by Runewaker Entertainment, Dragon’s Prophet takes place in the beautiful world of Auratia, a realm with a rich and tumultuous history. Players must band together to battle and train a variety of dragons as they work to restore order to the land. However, this is not an easy task; since his escape from his eternal prison, the Great Devouring Dragon known as Kronos is more dangerous than ever. Featuring an action-based combat system, Dragon’s Prophet provides players with visceral action gameplay in battles on land and across the skies. Dragon’s Prophet launches with plenty of customization options, including four distinct player classes to choose from – ranger, sorcerer, guardian or oracle – for creation of one-of-a-kind characters. Customizable player housing is also featured, allowing players to build, decorate and furnish their house however they want.
Dragon’s Prophet is now available on PC systems via digital download in Europe from Infernum Productions or any of its digital partners, in North America from SOE as a Free to Play. Your Way™ title.
Everything that Dragon’s Prophet has to offer:
General & PvE:
· Deep background story that begins in the starter zone Puretia
· Six adventurous zones offer everything from sap green meadows, deadly deserts and frosty glaciers
· Four classes with extensive specialisation options through class skills, masteries and the use of dragons
· Already more than 1,500 quests
· Grand cities that serve as hubs between adventures
· More than 25 challenging dungeons with multiple difficulty settings and bosses
· Action-based combat system with numerous combo attacks
· Regular in-game events and tournaments
· Complex crafting system including item improvement and dragon shard system
· Redesign and extension of the interface for improved handling and overview
· Introduction of an in-game browser
· New styling interface and new cosmetics shop
· Rewards for public events have been adjusted
· Skill balancing and revision of the attributes of all classes
· New items and revised loot, stats and attribute systems
· Performance improvements though detection algorithms, engine improvements and five graphical pre-sets
· Cross-server account features
· Restructuring and implementation of bosses as well as the general monster AI
· You can now travel to Arteicia from anywhere in the world. On top of that, there will be a new NPC in Arteicia that can take you to the following areas:
o Paeon Farm
o Lilia City
· Introduction of dungeon events
· Introduction of world bosses
· Complex and motivating achievement and title system with character bonuses
· Free on-site resurrection between level 1 and 15
· New quests in Puretia and an improved mid-game experience
· New Dragon Sanctuary including an altar of sacrifice allowing guilds to summon especially rewarding enemies
· More than 300 breathtaking dragons that now only serve as mounts but also assist the player in combat
· An ever improving number of currently 50 unique dragon soul skills
· In-depth interaction with your dragon: Training, leveling, skill-exchange and gathering
· New Dragon Chamber that offers space for up to 96 additional dragons
· Mounted Combat – Fight from the back of your dragon and support other players on the ground, in the water and way up in the sky
· Revised dragon companion AI
PvP & Housing:
· Sandbox-based housing in the frontier as well as the introduction of citadels, keeps, outposts and crystal towers in the PvP Citadel system that allows for massive, cross-server siege battles between alliances or guilds
· Floating Islands, apartments and private islands allow players to build their houses the way they want
· New furniture NPC and improved housing systems
· Five new dance emotes for players to show off their moves with their dragons and guild mates
· Introduction of the alliance system (Lyaree Brotherhood). Players can now form alliances consisting of multiple guilds
What’s planned after the release?
· High Lord system for control over huge territories
· Additional dragon commands for improved coordination during combat
· Big and especially challenging, open and dungeon-based raids for up to 30 players
· 10 new regions and about 30 dungeons and instances per year for regular content updates
· Continuation of the epic story surrounding the dark dragon Kronos
· Mini games
· Dragon Encyclopedia that delivers detailed information and honors the true dragon master
· VIP system with daily login rewards
· Dynamic events
· Dragon vs. dragon arena
· Dragon breeding
· PvP arenas and battlefields
· New pets that can collect loot
ESRB Rating: TEEN for blood, partial nudity and violence. Visit www.esrb.org for rating information.
PEGI Rating: 12. Visit http://www.pegi.info/ for more info.
Further information including the Dragon's Prophet game download can be found on the official European Website.
Press assets can be found here: http://press.infernum.com
North American Players
About Dragon’s Prophet
Dragon’s Prophet is an online role-playing game which features all virtues of a classic MMORPG and “evolutionizes” them. Players will experience immense dragon features and an epic story in a modern fantasy world, including next-gen elements such as action-based combat, deep character development and the extensive cross-server Frontier PvP system. Dragon’s Prophet is being developed by Runewaker Entertainment, known for their successful blockbuster MMO Runes of Magic. Infernum will publish Dragon’s Prophet in Europe in 2013 in collaboration with co-publisher Deep Silver.
Title: Dragon’s Prophet
Genre: Fantasy MMORPG
Publisher: Infernum Productions
Developer: Runewaker Entertainment
Release: September 18th 2013
Beta: 30th of May 2013
Languages: German, English, French – further languages planned Website: www.dragonspropheteurope.com
About Runewaker Entertainment
Runewaker Entertainment was founded in August of 2004. With the capability to develop in-house engines, Runewaker is one of the leading Taiwanese entertainment software developers. All of the team’s founding members are industry veterans who share the same dream and vision. At the moment, Runewaker employs over highly skilled programmers, designers and artists and is still expanding. All members of the Runewaker team are passionate and well-versed in different game genres. Equipped with the most advanced artistic style and innovative development technology, the company aims to create games that are enjoyable for a wide range of audiences. In addition to having a group of talented and dedicated in-house staff, Runewaker also actively collaborate with leading publishers to create games that will set new standards for the industry.
Infernum Productions is an international publisher and developer of online games, based in Berlin. The company was founded in the summer of 2011 by former Frogster executives and focuses on high-quality free-to-play titles. Dragon’s Prophet is the second title licensed by the Berlin startup. The game now joins Infernum’s debut title, Brick-Force, which has already exceeded 1.5 million registered players. For further information please visit: www.infernum.com. ;
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver develops and distributes interactive games for all platforms. The Deep Silver label means to captivate all gamers who have a passion for thrilling gameplay in exciting game worlds. Deep Silver works with its partners to achieve a maximum of success while maintaining the highest possible quality, always focusing on what the customer desires. Deep Silver has published more than 200 games since 2003, including own brands like the critically acclaimed zombie action franchise Dead Island, action role-playing games from the Sacred world, successful adventures such as the Secret Files series and the role-playing realms of Risen. Deep Silver has announced upcoming highlights such as Sacred 3 and Dead Island Riptide. For more information please visit www.deepsilver.com
About Sony Online Entertainment
Sony Online Entertainment LLC (SOE) is a recognized worldwide leader in massively multiplayer online games. Best known for its blockbuster hits and franchises, including EverQuest®, EverQuest® II, Champions of Norrath®, PlanetSide®, Free Realms®, Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™, DC Universe™ Online, and the recently launched PlanetSide®2, SOE creates, develops and provides compelling online entertainment for a variety of platforms. SOE is building on its proven legacy and pioneering the future of online worlds through creative development and inspired gameplay design for audiences of all ages. To learn more, visit www.soe.com.
Holger Anders (EU)
Infernum Productions AG
+49 (0)30 577 01 20 - 41
[email protected] Lee Dale (EU)
Infernum Productions AG
+49 (0)30 577 01 20 - 34
[email protected] Raquel Marcelo (US)
Sony Online Entertainment
[email protected] Alex Ryan (US)
Bender/Helper Impact for SOE