Legends of Aethereus Coming to Steam on September 27th
GOTLAND, SWEDEN – September 23, 2013 – ThreeGates , an independent game development studio focused on Action Role-Playing Games, today announced that Legends of Aethereus , a game that was recently greenlit by the Steam community, will be available on the platform on September 27 th.
"Beyond making a game that we really wanted to play ourselves, getting Legends of Aethereus greenlit has been our biggest goal over the past year,” said Don Geyer, CEO of ThreeGates. “We want to thank the Steam community for voting us up and also want to state our commitment to delivering an RPG experience that’s unlike any other game available today. On September 27 th, players around the world will be able to play our game and we’re looking forward to a great launch.”
As Legends of Aethereus drives towards launch, the team is still hard at work making continual game improvements and designing the first DLC content to expand the Aethereus universe. Additional distribution platforms will roll the game out over the course of the next couple of weeks as well.
About Legends of Aethereus
The planet of Aethereus is an ancient and mysterious world filled with majestic forests, misty swamps, deep caves and ancient ruins. Devastated by three large astronomical events, the Three Great Skyfalls, it is a world just coming out of chaos and ruin. The recent unearthing of The Gauldron Tablets has revealed the existence of The Seven Ancient Skyfall Relics. The promise of unlimited power for those who possess the objects has led to a frenzied search across all of Aethereus.
As a member of the Nexus City-State, one of the last bastions of freedom and hope on Aethereus, you will be entrusted with the critical undertaking of procuring The Ancient Skyfall Relics. Standing in your way are the Serpentica Shamans of Ghalia and the hordes of Khagal Tribes they control as well as the oppressive Venatan Empire forces led by the notorious General Zhorgal.
Join forces in online multiplayer cooperative expeditions as the Inventor or Officer while you embark on a variety of story driven hand-crafted expedition levels and explore the wilderness through a variety of procedurally generated exploration quests.
Design and build new gear and weapons while you develop your character across a diverse and expansive skill tree allowing for a multitude of character strategies.
· High action RPG with up to four player co-op or single player and a variety of PvP and PvE game types
· Physics-based combat system focused on player control including realistic Shock Force calculations to scatter your enemies. Whether it is from massive explosions or monstrous melee strikes, they are going to fly!
· Arena Combat: Invite your friends or enemies to a wide variety of PvP and PvE game types in your own city arena. Unlock new arena maps as well as special features such as: traps, enemy spawners, stationary weapons and cages that you can add to your arena maps or combat training area
· Officer Skills that allow you to create your own unique strategies from a heroic tank to a stealthy ninja, a few examples of which are: Specialty Melee Attacks, Defensive Emplacements, Carnal Strength, Punji Sticks, Inspiring Chants, Defensive Hymns and Javelins
· The Inventor Skills include powerful explosives and crafty contraptions such as: Bombards, Sticky Bombs, Satchels, Turrets, Chinese Lanterns and Rockets, all of which can be powered by a variety of aethergems (in-game gems) altering their effects
· Create and customize your own character using a dynamic character creator system, then distribute points in a bilaterally balanced attribute system to start down your path to greatness
· Customize your City using the Statue-Maker, Banner Creator, City Painter and other customization features that allow you to personalize your own city environment as well as your player apartment
· Master Craftsman: With a massive crafting and materials system you can forge not hundreds, not thousands, but literally Millions of different combinations of gear and weapons
ThreeGates was formed in late 2010 by a group of people who all have years of experience in the game industry. The team has worked in the games field; as game designers, graphic artists, programmers, event producers, marketers and educators, in other constellations and on other projects, but always with the same drive and passion. Now they’ve teamed up with a common goal: to make great games. ThreeGates’ strengths are a tight-knit team, the ability to move fast, willingness to work hard and a drive for excellence. For more information, please visit: www.threegates.se
Follow Legends of Aethereus on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AethereusGame
Become a Fan on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Aethereusgame
# # #
Notes to Press: To get a FREE copy of the game, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Logos, images and a video are available at: http://www.aethereusgame.com/press/