[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
Arcen Games is ecstatic to announce Bionic Dues -- our
mech-enriched roguelite -- has launched on
Steam and the
Arcen Store for $9.99.
To celebrate the release, the game carries a 25% discount during
its first week on sale.
Robot rebellions should be quelled by the best of the best. When
the best of the best are killed... it's up to you. Subdue the
uprising in time, or your corporate overlords nuke the
Bionic Dues is a
tactical, turn-based roguelite with mech customization. Guide
multiple classes of Exos through a variety of missions filled with
enemy robots that are as buggy as they are angry. This is at least
as bad as it sounds. Explore for loot, destroy key robotic
facilities, and brace yourself for the final attack by your
enemies... just as soon as they can pull it together.
“Top game moment: Realising a momentary oversight has
condemned you to almost certain doom, but then, with only a perfect
set of well-thought long-contemplated moves, you pull everything
out the bag, blow the rig, and get the hell out of dodge to receive
a hard-earned mission successful.”
8.5/10 – Richard Nolan, Strategy Informer
“Bionic Dues delivers tough decisions, sweeping tactics
and enormous mech battles; packing massive replayability and
unpredictability into its budget price point. A 'Rogue-lite' to
remember and to savour through numerous scorched-earth defeats and
8/10, Editor's Choice – Jonathan Lester, Dealspwn
Bionic Dues is available now on PC, Mac, and Linux. Follow the
IndieDB for post-release
updates and other announcements. Review copies and launch assets
- Out-think wide-ranging tactical situations featuring robots
with bad GPS, terrible aim, insecurity, a lack of focus, a tendency
to backstab, and dozens of other maladies to exploit.
- Over 40 unique bots, ranging from the hilariously
inept-but-dangerous DumBots, BlunderBots, and BatBots to the
terrifyingly effective WyvernBots, DoomBots, and
- Carve your own path: choose 30 to 50 missions out of the 120
you discover as you explore the city map. Which missions you choose
determines how prepared you will be for the final battle against
the massing robot army.
- Missions come in 23 different general flavors, and are entirely
procedurally-generated like a floor of a traditional
- Mix and match your squad of four from six classes of Exos:
Assault, Siege, Science, Sniper, Ninja and Brawler. Each has its
own build and weaponry.
- Choose an overall pilot from a roster of six to add a powerful
perk that lasts your entire campaign.
- Customize your four Exos with procedurally-generated loot that
grants weaponry and defensive upgrades, new abilities, and
- Difficulty levels ranging from quite casual to incredibly
- Save and reload your game with ease any time, or tough it out
in ironman mode.
- Stellar soundtrack by composer Pablo Vega, headlined by
game's title theme "The
Home We Once Knew."