[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
Available for $10 straight from the developer through
KarBOOM.net, as well as on
ShinyLoot.com, KarBOOM is designed to bring
console-style competitive local multiplayer to Windows, Mac &
Between gamepad support, multiple players on the same keyboard,
and computer-controlled bots, 2 - 8 players can compete in what
testers frequently described as "Super Smash Bros with cars".
- Soccer meets car-combat in KarBall, or switch on the flag for
some rugby-style action
- Bet against others on your survival skills in Gamble
- Outlast your opponents in Showdown's self-destructive
- Fight over the flag, ball, lives or points, in teams or
free-for-all, in Klassic
- Mutators change the way kars are destroyed, points are awarded,
or time is perceived
KarBOOM.net also provides a Desura key. KarBOOM
is trying to get on Steam, too - votes on Greenlight will help it
get there, and if and when it does, Steam keys will be made
available to those who've already bought the game through
KarBOOM.net, Desura or ShinyLoot.
More information, as you'd expect, can be found on KarBOOM's
website and its IndieDB page, and a press-kit is also available on
KarBOOM's website or at the link below.