BattleGoat Announces Steam Early Access
Ancaster, Canada - BattleGoat Studios is delighted to announce the launch of Steam Early Access for their upcoming Real Time Geopolitical Strategy game, Supreme Ruler 1936. Lead Designer and Co-Founder David Thompson commented, "Involving our players in the final stage of development through Steam's Early Access will help provide the testing resources and the feedback necessary to make Supreme Ruler 1936 as polished and complete a game as possible."
Link to Steam Early Access: http://store.steampowered.com/app/244410/
BattleGoat's Lead Programmer and Co-Founder George Geczy added, "Self-publishing a strategy game of this scope brings with it a lot of challenges, but the benefit of self-publishing is that we now answer directly to our fans and supporters... we control whatever decisions are necessary to make Supreme Ruler 1936 a truly great game and this Early Access provides that final push!" Previous BattleGoat titles in the Supreme Ruler series are Supreme Ruler 2010, Supreme Ruler 2020. and Supreme Ruler Cold War. These titles all followed the traditional publishing model, but the development team believes that self-publishing provides the opportunity for studios to have much more flexibility in development. Geczy added; "This gives us the ability to be more responsive to the art of the game and the passion of our players." As an added incentive, BattleGoat is offering the Steam Early Access for 25% off the Release Price of $39.95.
Supreme Ruler 1936 is expected to be released late Q1 2014, and will be available for PC and Mac through Steam and other vendors.
About Supreme Ruler 1936
Supreme Ruler 1936 is Real Time Geo-Political Strategy Game for PC and Mac. Take control of a nation in the World War II era and guide it through a significant Military Campaign, or attempt one of many Set-Piece Historical Scenarios. Players can also customize their play experience with the Sandbox Mode and play as any Nation with their own preferred Victory Condition.
- Play Multiple Campaigns from either the Axis or Allied perspective.
- Take Control of any Nation in Sandbox Mode and impact the outcome of the era.
- Challenge yourself with Historical Scenarios for a faster-paced gameplay experience.
- The butterfly effect... Influence the timeline and outcome of thousands of historical events.
- Use Diplomacy, Trade, Espionage, and Intimidation to influence the policies of other nations.
- Research new Technologies to give your nation a significant military advantage.
- Modernize your economy to support whatever social and military policies you choose.
- Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces.
- Detailed historically-accurate armies down to the Battalion level.
- Choose your level of control. Make all decisions or use your Cabinet Ministers to help.
- Battle the elements! Fully integrated weather model influences battlefield outcomes.
- Significant graphic improvements to 3D terrain and Graphic User Interface
- Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet
About BattleGoat Studios
BattleGoat Studios is a Canadian Software Developer committed to developing leading edge "Intelligent Strategy Games". BattleGoat’s game design history dates back to the first text-based Supreme Ruler game in 1982, and the design team firmly believes that Strategy Gamers are looking for more sophisticated games that also remain fun to play. BattleGoat insists that their approach to development will always emphasize an accurate, heavily researched environment assuring players an entertaining and immersive gameplay experience. Their previous PC releases are Supreme Ruler 2010, Supreme Ruler 2020, and Supreme Ruler Cold War.
Twitter: @battlegoat / @SR1936