[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
Ancaster, Canada - BattleGoat Studios is delighted to announce
the launch of Steam Early Access for their upcoming Real Time
Geopolitical Strategy game,
Supreme Ruler 1936. Lead Designer and Co-Founder
David Thompson commented, "Involving our players in the final stage
of development through Steam's Early Access will help provide the
testing resources and the feedback necessary to make
Supreme Ruler 1936 as polished and complete a game as
Link to Steam Early Access:
BattleGoat's Lead Programmer and Co-Founder George Geczy added,
"Self-publishing a strategy game of this scope brings with it a lot
of challenges, but the benefit of self-publishing is that we now
answer directly to our fans and supporters... we control whatever
decisions are necessary to make
Supreme Ruler 1936 a truly great game and this Early
Access provides that final push!" Previous BattleGoat titles
Supreme Ruler series are
Supreme Ruler 2010, Supreme Ruler 2020. and
Supreme Ruler Cold War. These titles all followed
the traditional publishing model, but the development team believes
that self-publishing provides the opportunity for studios to have
much more flexibility in development. Geczy added; "This
gives us the ability to be more responsive to the art of the game
and the passion of our players." As an added incentive,
BattleGoat is offering the Steam Early Access for 25% off the
Release Price of $39.95.
Supreme Ruler 1936 is expected to be released late Q1
2014, and will be available for PC and Mac through Steam and other
Supreme Ruler 1936
Supreme Ruler 1936 is Real Time Geo-Political Strategy
Game for PC and Mac. Take control of a nation in the World
War II era and guide it through a significant Military Campaign, or
attempt one of many Set-Piece Historical Scenarios. Players
can also customize their play experience with the Sandbox Mode and
play as any Nation with their own preferred Victory Condition.
- Play Multiple Campaigns from either the Axis or Allied
- Take Control of any Nation in Sandbox Mode and impact the
outcome of the era.
- Challenge yourself with Historical Scenarios for a
faster-paced gameplay experience.
- The butterfly effect... Influence the timeline and
outcome of thousands of historical events.
- Use Diplomacy, Trade, Espionage, and Intimidation to influence
the policies of other nations.
- Research new Technologies to give your nation a significant
- Modernize your economy to support whatever social and military
policies you choose.
- Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your
- Detailed historically-accurate armies down to the Battalion
- Choose your level of control. Make all decisions or use
your Cabinet Ministers to help.
- Battle the elements! Fully integrated weather model influences
- Significant graphic improvements to 3D terrain and Graphic
- Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or
About BattleGoat Studios
BattleGoat Studios is a Canadian Software Developer committed to
developing leading edge "Intelligent Strategy Games".
BattleGoat’s game design history dates back to the first
Supreme Ruler game in 1982, and the design team firmly
believes that Strategy Gamers are looking for more sophisticated
games that also remain fun to play. BattleGoat insists that their
approach to development will always emphasize an accurate, heavily
researched environment assuring players an entertaining and
immersive gameplay experience. Their previous PC releases are
Supreme Ruler 2010,
Supreme Ruler 2020, and
Supreme Ruler Cold War.
Twitter: @battlegoat / @SR1936