[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
February 3, 2014, Hillside, N.J
- Forty never-before-seen dice, and new rules and
ways to have immeasurable amounts of dice-battling fun will soon
arrive to your virtual tabletop!
Quarmageddon, the expansion to the super-humorous
dice "deck-building" game
Quarriors! for iPad®, has been announced by
game maker WizKids/NECA today.
Quarmageddon will be available in February as a
$1.99 In-app Purchase for players of
Quarriors! will receive several updates (detailed
below) to crank up the fun in both
For a very limited time after the launch of Quarmageddon,
Quarriors!, normally $3.99 USD, will be free! For just $1.99 USD,
you get both the original Quarriors! and the Quarmageddon
New in Quarmageddon
Updates to Quarriors!
- 40 new dice to help power up a variety of novel monsters,
heroes and spells.
- 26 never-before-seen cards powering 6 new creatures and 2 new
- Novel "Immunity" ability for some creatures -- watch as they
laugh off your opponent's attacks and spells!
Quarriors! for iPad® offers single player and 2 to 4
player online and offline multiplayer along with "Pass-n-Play"
action! For ages 14 and up, Quarriors! is a unique blend of
strategy and chance featuring a revolutionary dice building game
mechanic! As a Quarrior! - a mighty mystical warrior - only you
have the power to capture dangerous Quarry from the untamed wilds!
But your rivals plot against you! They will send their own
Creatures and Spells to destroy your Quarry before you can deliver
them to Empress Quiana and claim your reward! Summon your Creatures
and protect them from your foes and you will earn Glory for
yourself. The first player to earn enough Glory will be hailed as
the Champion of the Empress. Deck-building strategy without the
tedium of shuffling!
- Multiple difficulty settings allow you to tailor the AI to your
- Optional rules (Advanced Capture and Expert Culling) to deepen
the gameplay and boost the challenge in multiplayer modes.
- An improved and expanded tutorial that takes newcomers through
multiple rounds of gameplay.
- Tweaks to multiplayer matchmaking and gameplay.
Features of Quarriors! include:
For more information on Quarriors! for iPad® and the
Quarmageddon expansion, visit
- Full and faithful transliteration of the original dice building
board game Quarriors! by Mike Elliott and Eric M. Lang.
- Single player and up to four-player multiplayer and Pass-n-Play
- Full tutorial included.
- Automatic scoring and rules enforcement.
- Challenging strategic gameplay.
- Immersive sounds, art and engaging special effects bring the
tabletop game to life!
- Compatible with iPad (2nd Generation), iPad (3rd Generation),
iPad (4th Generation) and iPad Mini running iOS 5.1 or greater.
About WizKids Games
WizKids/NECA, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NECA, is a New
Jersey-based game developer and publisher dedicated to creating
games driven by imagination. WizKids first pioneered the Combat
Dial system featured in HeroClix, the leading collectible
miniatures game on the market, with over 500 million miniature game
figures sold worldwide. WizKids continues to produce new
proprietary game platforms and properties including the
award-winning fantasy board game Mage Knight, the groundbreaking
Dice Building Game engine used in the critically-acclaimed game
Quarriors and the soon-to-launch Dice Masters, as well as its
widely hailed execution of Star Trek: Attack Wing. For additional