February 13, 2014 - This is classic roleplaying
– no cutscene melodrama, casual gameplay, or social
shenanigans. Basilisk Games invites you to share its unabashed love
for old-school RPGs with the February 14 release of Eschalon: Book
III (Windows, Mac, Linux).
Available for purchase at:
Eschalon: Book III is not the RPG for armchair dragon slayers or
lazy achievement hunters. Drawn from pen-and-paper
traditions, the Eschalon series revels in the mysteries of
dangerous landscapes and the triumphs of hard-won battles. It
rewards the tactical and ingenious, and leaves the careless to
suffer the consequences.
A fusion of turn-based fantasy and survival gameplay, players
will contend with hunger, sleep, equipment degradation, and even
skills altered by weather. With multiple game-paths and solutions
to obstacles, Eschalon: Book III emphasizes meaningful character
development and true roleplaying.
Although no prior knowledge is necessary, Eschalon: Book III
brings the trilogy to a close as you seek to uncover your past, the
secrets of the Crux stones, and the true identity of the
• Classic style, turn-based RPG inspired by pen-and-paper
• Unrestricted character development with impactful
• Open world with no level-scaling and more secrets than
you will ever find.
• Disease, hunger, weapon breakage – actions have
• Hundreds of new items, spells, and game engine
• Developer tools for creating maps and adventures shortly
About Basilisk Games
Founded in 2005, Basilisk Games is an independent game developer
located just outside of Indianapolis, Indiana. The company's
mission is to produce compelling old-school computer role-playing
games for gamers who still remember what great computer RPGs used
to be about: "Single-player. Turn-based. Stat heavy. Story