Space Engineeers update 01.023 - Cargo ships and more!
Prague, Czech Republic, March 27, 2014
Space Engineers update 01.023 has been released today. Cargo ships have been added into the game. Cargo ships are auto-piloted vessels (miners, freighters and military) that carry ore, ingots, constructions components and other materials from sector to sector. They can be looted but beware, they often contain booby traps! Also, the priority of how devices consume power has been changed (solar panels first, then nuclear reactors), the max speed of astronaut character has been increased to 111.5 m/s and added support for surround sound systems.
This video demonstrates the most important new features of this update:
Below is the full list of all the new features and fixes that have been implemented with this update:
- added cargo ships - auto-piloted vessels (miners, freighters and military) that carry ore, ingots, constructions components and other materials from sector to sector. They can be looted but beware, they often contain booby traps!
- changed the priority of how devices consume power (solar panels first, then nuclear reactors)
- increased the max speed of astronaut character to 111.5 m/s – this speed is higher than the max speed of ships (players are now able to catch up ships flying at max speed)
- silver refinement is 4x faster (used in reactor and medical components)
- added support for surround sound systems
- fixed small thrust damaging large heavy armor
- fixed sound when exiting world
- fixed landing gear weird sound
- fixed crash in Character movement
- fixed issue when placing a block next to a door
- fixed issue when the player can join incompatible version using invite
- fixed death after load when the player is in narrow corridors
- fixed broken mirroring of solar panels
- fixed wrong collision model of ship drill after deformations
- fixed painting without preview
- replaced some non-localizable texts with localizable
- fixed crash caused by particle effect
- fixed landing gear green light after landing gear was turned off
- fixed toolbar issues and slot activation/deactivation
- fixed player death in cockpit hit by warhead
- fixed crash in Gravity Generator
- fixed rare infinite loading caused by refinery
- fixed issues with large weapons on toolbar
All the updates that have been added into the game until now are avaiable in the Change log list - http://forums.keenswh.com/?forum=326211
Space Engineers is available for purchase on the developer’s web site: www.SpaceEngineersGame.com/buy.html, on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/244850 and at several other online distribution services.
Space Engineers is still in development. Everything in the game is subject to change.
Marek Rosa’s development blog: http://blog.marekrosa.org
Press contact: email@example.com
Additional contacts: http://www.keenswh.com/press.html
Developed by: http://www.keenswh.com
About Space Engineers:
Space Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and maintenance of space works. Players build space ships and space stations of various sizes and utilization (civil and military), pilot ships and perform asteroid mining.
Space Engineers utilizes a realistic volumetric-based physics engine: all objects can be assembled, disassembled, damaged and destroyed. The game comes with two game modes: creative and survival.
About Keen Software House:
Established in 2010 in Prague, Czech Republic, Keen Software House is an independent game development studio aiming to create games that are based on real science, real facts, real physics and real emotions. Company’s first title Miner Wars 2081 was released in 2012. Keen Software House develops its own in-house game engine VRAGE, currently in the second version and its core feature is volumetricity of the environment. Space Engineers is the first title fully utilizing VRAGE 2.0.
More information about Keen Software House is available at www.keenswh.com