Supreme Ruler 1936 Beta now available on Steam
Another few months has passed since we last updated you on what's been going on here at BattleGoat. Simple answer --- a lot!
In our last newsletter we were very excited about moving forward with self-publishing our upcoming Supreme Ruler 1936 title and we had launched a Kickstarter Campaign to fund the final stage of development. Well, even with a pretty good response, it became evident that we wouldn't reach our ambitious Kickstarter target level. While that was a little disappointing, it did become apparent that Kickstarter was not the best venue for a serious strategy game such as ours. Instead, the opportunity to join the Steam Early Access Beta program became available, and this has been a great fit to get our game out to a new audience of PC Strategy Gaming players.
We launched Supreme Ruler 1936 Beta on Steam Early Access on December 6th and the response has been great! We now have thousands of players beta-testing the game and providing suggestions and feedback to help us make this our best game ever!
Link to Steam Early Access: http://store.steampowered.com/app/244410/
Purchase Directly through BattleGoat's Website: www.battlegoat.com/buy.php
Pre-Release Trailer: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QLhiQGyMso
Lead Designer and BattleGoat Co-Founder David Thompson commented, "It has always been critical in my opinion to involve our players in the final stage of development and through their feedback, ensure this can be the best game possible." Players also benefit from purchasing through Steam Early Access since it is currently available at $29.99, but on final release will be retailing for $39.99.
PAX East (April 11-13, 2014, Boston)
In other news, BattleGoat Studios will be attending this great event and doing our first public preview of Supreme Ruler 1936. We look forward to meeting some of our players in person, and having the chance to demonstrate our game.
Lastly, we have recently completed an interview with DigitallyDownloaded.Net discussing our upcoming release:
where we answer questions about WWII Strategy Games in general, historical accuracy, our influences, and more...
Until next time… Thanks for your continued interest in our work!
Supreme Ruler 1936 is expected to release May 9, 2014, and will be available for PC and Mac through Steam and other vendors.
About Supreme Ruler 1936
Supreme Ruler 1936 is Real Time Geo-Political Strategy Game for PC and Mac. Take control of a nation in the World War II era and guide it through a significant Military Campaign, or attempt one of many Set-Piece Historical Scenarios. Players can also customize their play experience with the Sandbox Mode and play as any Nation with their own preferred Victory Condition.
- Play Multiple Campaigns from either the Axis or Allied perspective.
- Take Control of any Nation in Sandbox Mode and impact the outcome of the era.
- Challenge yourself with Historical Scenarios for a faster-paced gameplay experience.
- The butterfly effect... Influence the timeline and outcome of thousands of historical events.
- Use Diplomacy, Trade, Espionage, and Intimidation to influence the policies of other nations.
- Research new Technologies to give your nation a significant military advantage.
- Modernize your economy to support whatever social and military policies you choose.
- Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces.
- Detailed historically-accurate armies down to the Battalion level.
- Choose your level of control. Make all decisions or use your Cabinet Ministers to help.
- Battle the elements! Fully integrated weather model influences battlefield outcomes.
- Significant graphic improvements to 3D terrain and Graphic User Interface
- Up to 16 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet
Steam Early Access: http://store.steampowered.com/app/244410/