Space Engineers - Update 01.025
Prague, Czech Republic, April 3, 2014
Space Engineers update 01.025 has been released today. In this week's update, the players can find new glass window blocks, artificial mass block and two new types of large ship cockpits. Also, the meteor velocity has been reduced and the rendering and game-updating are now independent - this helps to increase the performance and removes FPS limit.
A video demonstration of the main features is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDZBHy5R_Y0
Below is the full list of all the new features and fixes that have been implemented with this update:
- glass window blocks
- two new types of large ship cockpits - can be used in first and third person view
- artificial mass block – can be used to add gravity-affected mass to ships, useful in machine ships or cars
- toolbar config screen: list of building blocks is scrollable
- save game is executed on background
- reduced meteor velocity
- rendering and game-updating are now independent (increased performance, removed FPS limit) -this is a first step in the performance enhancements initiative
- fixed lag caused by 3rd person camera
- fixed startup issues caused by FIPS policy enforcement in registry
- fixed issues with copying cargo ships
- fixed medbay sounds
- fixed painting without preview in survival
All the updates that have been added into the game until now are avaiable in the Change log list - http://forums.keenswh.com/?forum=326211
Space Engineers is available for purchase on the developer’s web site: www.SpaceEngineersGame.com/buy.html, on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/244850 and at several other online distribution services.
Space Engineers is still in development. Everything in the game is subject to change.
Marek Rosa’s development blog: http://blog.marekrosa.org
Press contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional contacts: http://www.keenswh.com/press.html
Developed by: http://www.keenswh.com
About Space Engineers:
Space Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and maintenance of space works. Players build space ships and space stations of various sizes and utilization (civil and military), pilot ships and perform asteroid mining.
Space Engineers utilizes a realistic volumetric-based physics engine: all objects can be assembled, disassembled, damaged and destroyed. The game comes with two game modes: creative and survival.
About Keen Software House:
Established in 2010 in Prague, Czech Republic, Keen Software House is an independent game development studio aiming to create games that are based on real science, real facts, real physics and real emotions. Company’s first title Miner Wars 2081 was released in 2012. Keen Software House develops its own in-house game engine VRAGE, currently in the second version and its core feature is volumetricity of the environment. Space Engineers is the first title fully utilizing VRAGE 2.0.
More information about Keen Software House is available at www.keenswh.com