Smugglers 5 - Now on Steam!
11 April, 2014 - Niels Bauer Games ( www.nielsbauergames.com) has announced the launch of Smugglers 5 on Steam - the fifth instalment in the turn-based science-fiction space trading game series for PC-Windows. The game will be released on Steam for a discounted price of 9.99$ at 15:00 Pacific Daylight Time. Will you be a greedy trader, an ambitious fleet pilot or a ruthless pirate? Board enemy ships, manage factories, conquer star systems and forge your own galactic empire - ultimately, your actions will have an impact on a galactic scale.
Specifically for release on Steam, Smugglers 5 now features a higher native screen resolution for the main game screens and an updated combat system to make battles more varied. While today marks the official release on Steam, the developers will continue working on and improving the game.
Customers who purchased direct from the developer are going to receive their Steam license keys as soon as possible - most likely at the beginning of next week or earlier.
The fifth instalment in the long-running Smugglers series features a completely revised turn-based combat system and a range of new ships to fly, as well as a host of exciting features:
• Explore the galaxy through a fast turn-based travel and combat system
• 4 factions; 6 professions with new, unique skill trees; 100+ different skills and a revised skill system
• 30+ spaceships and encounters ranging from fighters to battleships, cruise missiles and star bases
• Non-linear war and campaign system. You can influence the war!
• Manage a crew, board enemy ships, become an Admiral and command whole fleets
• Plunder planets and pirate outposts, conquer space systems and even rule your own empire!
• Supply and demand based trading with prices influenced by storyline and campaign
• Advanced text generation technology and new short stories for planet exploration make every game different
• Marry a beautiful wife and have children
• Optional compatibility mode to allow blind players to enjoy the game
• and much more ...
The six most important new features compared to Smugglers 4:
• You can now start and rule your own empire!
• Manage your own factories or pirate outposts
• Raid and plunder planets or pirate outposts
• 80,000 words of new and dynamic short stories (the equivalent of a full length novel)
• Completely revised skill and combat system
• Play as an independent adventurer - or join the military
There's a ship in the hangar and the stars are calling to you. Don't keep them waiting.
Get the game at: http://www.nielsbauergames.com
ABOUT NIELS BAUER GAMES:
Niels Bauer Games is an independent German developer, producing quality games since 1998.