Steel & Steam Available now!
Fulfilling the promise of a classic Genesis-era JRPG; Digerati Distribution is excited to announce Steel & Steam will be launching across worldwide digital platforms on April 2nd 2014. From its pixel art to original retro soundtrack to classic battle system, Steel & Steam will scratch every nostalgia junkie’s itch.
Project Background & Info
Red Meat Games launched the concept of Steel & Steam on Kickstarter August 5th 2013 reaching their initial goal in less than 24 hours exceeded their goal by 343%! Only 8.5% of Kickstarter projects receive more than double of their goals and Red Meat Games Steel & Steam project was one of them. As with many projects on Kickstarter, even after successfully being funded there is still much risk. Many successful Kickstarters (41.3%) aren't able to complete their goals due to various reasons from creators losing interest, to other unforeseen challenges. Steel & Steam stands out from those projects, and with the help of their fans, Steel & Steam is ready to officially launch. Steel & Steam is a stand-alone title with sequel episodes planned.
Steel & Steam will be available via the Humble Store, Greenman Gaming (pre order available now) Humble Widget, Amazon.com Fireflower Games, Playism, GetGames Go, Gamefly, Gamersgate for $9.99 launching with a 35% discount. Soundtrack $1.99. Pre orders on GMG get FREE copy of soundtrack as well as 35% discount.
· Greenlight Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=189250961
· Soundcloud Link (preview tracks): https://soundcloud.com/red-meat-games/steel-steam-audio-compilation
· Pre order link: http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/rpgs/steel-steam/#item-s5 (GREENMANGAMING)
About the Game
A JRPG fantasy steampunk adventure! The desert plague is spreading from the East: a reminder of a destructive past. Man has evolved since the wars of old, creating new ways to combat this deadly expanse. Using Steel and Steam, man fights this terror, as well as the monsters that spawn from its touch. Now covering half the continent of Terra Corpus, the desert’s slow and steady hunger is threatening to consume and corrupt all life in the world. Some of the desperate seek out legends of the past: elemental guardians said to sleep inside the planet. Once resurrected, these powerful beings can be controlled, and guided to stop the desert. The legends speak of a chosen few who have the ability to tame these elemental beings and reshape the world. Our story begins with one such person. …Steel & Steam makes you, the player, make crucial decisions to interact with the game. The classic games usually had a linear, player-focused story moving the game forward. Steel & Steam follows this model, but also gives you the option of moving the story forward through multiple, intertwined story lines. Any character you meet has the potential to affect the end. Will you or will you not save the world? Who you interact with, and how, will affect the way the ending is played out. Whatever happens in one city or town can affect another. These choices give additional life to the world of Steel & Steam. Steel & Steam takes the best elements from the fantasy JRPG’s of old, such as great stories, awesome characters, and classic monsters, and combines them with a touch of steampunk. It’s like taking Lord of the Rings and mixing in the Wild West.
• A huge world to explore: The game is being designed as an immersive fantasy world. Cities and towns will be full of people and buildings to engage with, with story lines that characters can choose to follow regarding the history and current state of affairs that affect the day to day lives of the people who live here.
• An engaging story: A story that involves two main heroes, with an epic conclusion.
• Choose your story: You have the chance to complete side missions that change how you interact with the world of Steel & Steam. From changes to the characters you meet, all the way down to changes in the very landscapes you encounter, the side missions provide extra depth that unlocks new stories and opportunities to earn experience without the grind.
• Retro style gaming at its finest: Remember the glory days when games told epic stories? Steel & Steam is a retro RPG similar to the classic RPG games played on the Sega Genesis, NES and SNES systems. Relive the past, relish the future, and revel in the now (insert announcer voice here).
• A little side fun: Want to take a break from saving the world? Then you can also play some mini games, such as fishing or arena gambling
• Original soundtrack: An original soundtrack
About Red Meat
Red Meat Games is a small video game development studio, based in the super awesome city of St. John’s, Newfoundland Canada and founded by two crazy cats, Christo Stassis aka Steak and Keith Makse aka Pork Belly. Together their powers to turn fresh meats into BBQ treats are second only to their power to consume them! Thirdly, they are pretty great humble developers to boot! Red Meat Games goals, besides ruling the world, are to make great games that are fun to play and to eat as much red meaty goodness as possible.
• Contact Keith@redmeatgames.ca
• Contact Christo@redmeatgames.ca
• Web: http://redmeatgames.ca/
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RedMeatGames
• Twitter: @RedMeatGames
About Digerati Distribution
Digerati Distribution & Marketing are specialists in Independent PC videogame PR, Marketing & Distribution. A new breed of publisher providing the versatility & flexibility needed in this modern landscape.
• Contact Nick@digeratidistribution.com
• Call +011 484 547 2555
• Website www.digeratidistribution.com
• Skype: Nick.Halfanaero
• Twitter: @DigeratiDM