[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource GamesPress.]
Elgin, Scotland - July 10th, 2014 - Patch 1.16 for
Eldevin has arrived, bringing new content, new systems and most
importantly, the long-awaited Desktop Client for the game.
Previously Eldevin was only playable in-browser, but now players
can experience the game in a way they haven't been able to before
now. The client also lays down some preparatory work for the
hardware rendering engine, which will bring better graphics, a huge
increase in framerate and improved overall performance. We expect
to release the hardware renderer in a few weeks’ time, and it
will in turn pave the way for Eldevin launching on Steam.
Along with the Desktop Client, Patch 1.16 also adds a Story Mode
version to two of the game's dungeons, giving players the option to
enter a rebalanced version of the dungeon which can be completed
solo and offering retuned loot appropriate to their level and
challenge. We've already received good feedback about the Story
Mode dungeons, and we plan to rework every dungeon in the game to
offer a Story Mode version.
We're also teasing some details about Patch 1.17, which is
scheduled for next week, and will add mounts to the game. Players
will be able to obtain mounts from a variety of places, both
in-game and through the Eldevin store. We'll be confirming exact
details on these next week.
The official patch notes are as follows:
Click here to get the client
- Desktop Client Now Available
- The downloadable client is now officially released for the
- Windows (64 bit)
- Windows (32 bit)
- Mac OSX
- Players can now use their social accounts (Facebook / Twitter /
Google / Steam) to log into the game using the downloadable
- Note : This version doesn't include the hardware rendering
however it's been designed to automatically patch to this when it's
ready in a few weeks time.
- Added a new Solo Dungeon mode - currently available for 'The
Boondocks' and 'The Vault'.
- 4 New Weekly Quests have been added to the 'Bochdaen
- The quest requirements for entering 'The Vault' have been
- World Boss kills are now tracked in a stat.
- All obelisk buffs now persist through death.
- Crafted food is no longer on sale in the Golden Tankard.
- All seeds are now split-able.
- The abilities panel has been revamped to allow future
- Added a vanity chest to the Eldevin Shop that will store only
- Gathering and Crafting Boosters have been replaced with Skill
Boosters in the Eldevin Shop that benefit both parts of profession
Next Patch (approx 16th July)
- Players will no longer get stuck in combat with the Wraith
- Fixed an issue with Decisive Blows sometimes granting incorrect
critical values for Ruin and Bane.
- Fixed an issue where Gaoler Brin would go aggressive but remain
- Fixed an issue with Talents that generate bonus threat not
always combining values together correctly.
- Fixed an issue with Warm Touch not always healing for correct
- Fixed an issue where Rested Experience was being granted slower
- Fixed an issue where the Ohdar Rokfoot were not contributing to
the Ohdar Rokfoot kills stat.
- The vanity Infernal Guard Pants have had their type corrected
from Vanity Feet to Vanity Legs.
- Fixed settings not saving on non-Windows machines. NOTE: The
first time you login it won't load your old settings. Things
affected are email/session/bag positions.
- Fixed a typo where the LFG queue would display the wrong error
The Eldevin Team
- We're looking to add mounts to the game, players will be able
to learn to ride from a trainer in Eldevin City for a gold cost.
Mounts will be bought, looted or earned via achievements. We're
planning to release some images of them over the coming days.
- We're also planning on adding new rare items to many loot
tables throughout the game that will feature multi-class stats
(i.e. swords with sorcery based stats). These items will be
completely randomly generated rather than just the bonus stats like
the current world boss loot.
Marketing and Social Media
Hunted Cow Studios
Phone: +44 (0)1343 559 081