Arvoch Alliance version 1.988 available...
Arvoch Alliance version 1.988 is now available for download and includes the improvements listed below. This is a major update with several new features and options. It is also a required update for multiplayer compatibility.
The installer also works as an updating program for older versions of the game. It can be downloaded at: http://www.starwraith.com/arvochalliance/downloads.htm
Version 1.988 offers the following improvements:
- New scaling option added to modification options for 3D radar.
- IDS scale level control can now be mapped to an axis channel input.
- Improved synchronization of station module placements in multiplayer.
- New position options added to modification options for chase view shadows.
- Inertial forward/reverse thruster control can now be mapped to an axis channel input.
- Current selected device now displayed in individual axis channel control mapping menu.
- 3D radar updated to reflect distance as well as direction via blip size scaling based on proximity.
- Rotation input adjusted to provide a more linear result throughout the full range of variable control.
- Positioning of 3D radar and target object display updated for improved positioning and more modification flexibility.
- UI improvements including click range adjustments and exit buttons with mouse over highlighting in various menus.
- Individual axis channels can now be mapped across multiple devices (previously required the complete binding process).
- Option to lock the mouse pointer to the display field during gameplay added to Options menu.
- Widescreen message log placement option added (details available in customizing kit).
- Improved resolution detection systems for initial launch and Game Options menu.
- Alt key maximum and minimum input added to energy bias control system.
- Clearing individual axis channels now limited to selected device only.
- Unused listing system deprecated to support Direct IP exclusively.
- Message log shadow level increased for improved legibility.
- Multiplayer performance improvements.
- New mouse flight control modes added.
- Weapon impact effects reduced.
- Several minor bug fixes.
The game's official website is at: http://www.starwraith.com/arvochalliance/index.htm