SteamWorld Dig hits the Wii U on August 28!
Following its massive success on Nintendo 3DS™, SteamWorld Dig now comes to Wii U™! We’ve listened to our fans and we’ve finally made it happen! The game will be released on the Nintendo eShop on August 28 in Europe, Australia and the Americas. It will run in smooth 60 FPS with beautiful HD graphics (1080p) and have support for both off-TV play and the Wii U Pro Controller. Get ready to dig in!
Image & Form and Nintendo go way back. We released our first game on a Nintendo console back in 2010 ( SteamWorld Tower Defense) and a lot of us at Image & Form are major Nintendo fans :) So to finally get to release on Wii U feels amazing!
SteamWorld Dig for Wii U will be available at $9.99 / €8.99 / £6.99. A steal!
Compared to the Nintendo 3DS version from last year, this release has:
· HD graphics: Beautiful, high-resolution (1080p) graphics
· Eye candy: Animated character portraits, bloom filter, tweaks and polish
· Customizable screen interface and controls
· Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Russian
· Clutter-free HD graphics. The map and other interface elements are now displayed on the Wii U GamePad
· Off-TV Play. Continue digging on the Wii U GamePad even when your TV is occupied or turned off
· Support for Wii U Pro Controller
· And maybe there’s an Easter egg somewhere?
Thanks to the immersive gameplay, unique mechanics and stunning presentation of SteamWorld Dig, praise has been unanimous. As a result, Game of the Year nominations and awards have rained over the game. This is what leading gaming sites say about SteamWorld Dig:
· ”Amazing.” (9.5/10, IGN.com - one of IGN’s highest rated games of 2013)
· "An utterly phenomenal video game." (10/10, PocketGamer.co.uk)
· "A totally unexpected love letter to bold concepts." (9/10, NintendoWorldReport.com)
· "Drop everything else, and get SteamWorld Dig." (5/5, GameZebo)
Branded as a “platform mining adventure” in a steampunk/Western setting, SteamWorld Dig lets players take the role of Eastwood-esque robot protagonist Rusty in order to save a mining town in need. The plot thickens as he digs deeper into an underground full of treasure and terrors…
If you want to see for yourself what all the fuss is about, please reply to this mail and ask for a review code. We’ll make sure you’ll get the chance to unearth the secrets yourself! :) Also, don’t miss CEO Brjann on IGN showing the Wii U version and talking about our totally new upcoming SteamWorld game!
For more info, visit the SteamWorld Dig website: http://steamworldgames.com/
Official HD trailer: SteamWorld Dig - HD Trailer
Follow us: www.twitter.com/ImageForm
Image & Form is a Swedish game developer based in rainy, windy Gothenburg. SteamWorld Dig is the most recent game in the SteamWorld series, and is a nominee and winner of numerous Game of the Year awards. Image & Form's biggest success prior to SteamWorld Dig is the acclaimed iOS/Android real-time strategy game Anthill.