Post-apocalyptic rogue-lite Infected Shelter selected for Square Enix Collective showcase
Budapest, Hungary – September 12 , 2018 – Dark Blue Games is pleased to announce that Infected Shelter, a post-apocalyptic rogue-lite action RPG shooter, has been selected by Square Enix Collective to showcase on their website.
Square Enix Collective is a monthly program where indie developers can pitch their games. Square Enix then allows gamers to decide which ones are the most promising.
Vote for Infected Shelter at:
About Infected Shelter
Infected Shelter is a bloody good apocalyptic fun. It attempts to take on the end of the world in a lighthearted, yet violent, way. Billed as a cross between Dead Cells and Castle Crashers, Infected Shelter mixes rogue-lite gameplay with co-op multiplayer insanity.
Every run is different because of the randomly generated content. By beating enemies players can loot more than 150 different blueprints of permanent improvements and this is the key to Infected Shelter's replayability. Instead of just collecting loot to make yourself more powerful during a single run, you unlock new weapons, clothes, skills, relics and RPG-like character improvements that change how you play the game in the following runs.
Platforms: Windows PC, Mac, Linux.
Later: Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One.
- Randomly generated post-apocalyptic environments
- Fast paced, violent and complex 2D brawler-like combat with lots of firearms and melee weapons
- Rogue-lite / rouge-like elements, play-learn-die-unlock-improve-repeat
- Permanent upgrades that change how you play the game in the following runs
- 150+ blueprints to unlock new weapons, clothes, skills, relics and RPG-like character improvements
- 50+ brutal, ultra-violent executions
- 50+ character traits
- 4 different playable characters
- Tons of guitars, wheelchairs, pets, drinks, active items
- 200+ areas and shelter rooms
- Fully supported singleplayer experience
- Local co-op with up to 4 players
About Dark Blue Games
Dark Blue Games Ltd. is a two person indie game dev team based in Hungary, European Union. The team comprised of Lajos Nadasi programmer/designer and Zoltan Ruzsanyi graphics artist/designer. They have working full-time in the game industry since 2001. In the early years they worked on mostly real-time strategy games like the Codename Panzers series. They have been indie developers since 2008. Infected Shelter is their 4th indie game. They have been working on it since the beginning of 2015.
Wishlist the game on Steam