Hi, my name is Alex Mars from sound design studio AK Audio.
A few days ago I was working on creating audio for the trailer of the video game called "Roundrick". It was quite challenging for me. In this video, I will show you the way I've made music.
1. After finding the mood for the track, I needed to find the tempo of the music. I just snapped to the rhythm which I imagined while watching the video.
2. Now I needed to find different scenes in the video which would be provided by different tunes. First - main gameplay. Second - buildings upgrade. Third - wicked king, Then - splash screen, and then wicked king again.
3. I started to compose music with a few chords played by Brass and Strings.
4. Next, I produced a few different melodies to create each movement in the music.
5. To make this part sound complete I filled this piece with more instruments including percussion.
6. In the second scene, I created another motive. Becuase it's a magic forest map, I made a tender melody played by flute and violin.
7. In scene 3 I needed to make a different tune to emphasize the appearance of the wicked king, the main evil character.
8. In the next scene, we have another part of gameplay. The melody rises and the tempo increases to lead us to the splash screen with the name of the game.
9. At the end, the king appears again. I used the brass section with a dissonant type of melody. The Trombone symbolizes the laugh of the king, but the xylophone keeps the feel of a cartoon. At the end when the king jumps I used percussion. It's like an exclamation mark at the end of my track.
For the track, I chose the instruments which complemented gameplay sounds played over the track. After creating music and sounds I needed to mix it down, and also create authentic Looney Tunes music. To do this I needed to make stereo field narrower, add a little bit of saturation and EQ to the track.
Hope that was interesting for you.