2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa led Chart-Track's weekly UK sales rankings for the third consecutive week, topping debuts of Alan Wake and Lost Planet 2, the tracking firm said Monday.
For the week ended May 15, Chart-Track said that EA Sports' latest FIFA title was able to hold off the newcomers despite a 42 percent week-on-week drop on the all-platforms unit sales charts.
Chart-Track said that Microsoft and Remedy's thriller Alan Wake for Xbox 360 debuted with sales just 1,000 units behind FIFA's.
Capcom's Lost Planet 2 debuted in third place, despite a multiplatform release on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and being on the market a few days longer than Alan Wake.
A third game made its debut in the top 10 with EA's Skate 3, which landed in fifth place. It landed a spot behind Ubisoft's strong-selling Wii-exclusive game Just Dance, which has hovered in the top five in the UK for months.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA)
2. Alan Wake (Microsoft)
3. Lost Planet 2 (Capcom)
4. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
5. Skate 3 (EA)
6. Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (EA)
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision)
8. Final Fantasy XIII (Square Enix)
9. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
10. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
On an individual SKU basis, the Xbox 360-only Alan Wake led the rankings, with the Xbox 360 versions of Lost Planet 2 and Skate 3 outselling their PS3 counterparts. However, the PS3 version of FIFA again outsold the Xbox 360 version.
1. Alan Wake (Microsoft, Xbox 360)
2. Just Dance (Ubisoft, Wii)
3. Lost Planet 2 (Capcom, Xbox 360)
4. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA, PS3)
5. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA, Xbox 360)
6. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
7. Skate 3 (EA, Xbox 360)
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision, Xbox 360)
9. Lost Planet 2 (Capcom, PS3)
10. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii)