Take-Two and Rockstar's open world western Red Dead Redemption led video game sales in the UK during its second week on sale, beating out the debut showing of THQ and Yuke's' UFC Undisputed 2010, Chart-Track said Monday.
According to the tracking firm's data for the week that ended May 29, the game's Xbox 360 SKU was also the top-selling game on the individual format chart, followed by its PlayStation 3 version.
And despite also releasing last week, Disney and Black Rock Studios' racing game Split/Second: Velocity was able to handily beat out Activision and Bizarre Creations' Blur, whose debut failed to make the top ten. Another new entry, Sega and Obsidian's spy RPG Alpha Protocol, suffered a similar fate. The games came in at numbers 14 and 13 respectively.
Below are the top 10 rankings for the all-platforms chart, which combines sales of all versions of a given game.
UK All Platforms Top 10
1. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar San Diego, Take-Two)
2. UFC Undisputed 2010 (Yuke's, THQ)
3. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA Canada, EA Sports)
4. Just Dance (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
5. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo)
6. Split/Second: Velocity (Black Rock Studios, Disney)
7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Infinity Ward, Activision)
8. Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
9. Lost Planet 2 (Capcom)
10. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
Below are the top 10 rankings for the individual platforms top 10, which ranks games according to sales of each version of a given title.
1. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar San Diego, Take-Two, Xbox 360)
2. Red Dead Redemption (Rockstar San Diego, Take-Two, PS3)
3. UFC Undisputed 2010 (Yuke's, THQ, PS3)
4. UFC Undisputed 2010 (Yuke's, THQ, Xbox 360)
5. Just Dance (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft, Wii)
6. Wii Fit Plus (Nintendo, Wii)
7. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA Canada, EA Sports, PS3)
8. 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (EA Canada, EA Sports, Xbox 360)
9. Wii Sports Resort (Nintendo, Wii)
10. ModNation Racers (United Front Games, Sony, PS3)