Disney Interactive Studios' movie tie-in Toy Story 3 topped the all-platform video game sales charts for a third week in the UK, tracking firm Chart-Track said Monday.
The game hit the top of the unit sales charts "more than any other Disney-published title has ever achieved," the firm said. This latest chart-topping performance happened during the week ended August 14, despite the game's 17 percent week-on-week drop in sales.
Toy Story 3 launched in the UK on July 16, tying in with the the Pixar movie's blockbuster theatrical release. Activision Blizzard's PC real-time strategy game StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty was able to knock Toy Story 3 from the top slot for one week following its July 27 release.
Chart-Track said that only two games have been able to stay at the top longer than Toy Story 3 this year: Rockstar San Diego and Take-Two's Red Dead Redemption and Ubisoft's Just Dance.
The tracking firm also said that Activision and Infinity Ward's November 2009 release, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is expected to surpass Nintendo's Brain Training as the "biggest selling game ever in UK."
The only new game to make the all-platforms list top 10 was the Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 title Madden NFL 11, which came in at number 10.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
(The all-platforms game chart lumps together all versions of a given title.)
1. Toy Story 3 (Disney Interactive Studios)
2. Red Dead Redemption (Take-Two)
3. Dance on Broadway (Ubisoft)
4. Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (Warner)
5. Art Academy (Nintendo)
6. Just Dance (Ubisoft)
7. Dragon Quest IX (Square Enix)
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Activision Blizzard)
9. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo)
10. Madden NFL 11 (EA)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
On the individual platforms chart, which ranks each individual version of a given title, Ubisoft's Wii-exclusive Dance On Broadway came out on top, followed by the DS game Art Academy, which jumped up from the 24th spot a week prior.
The PC-only StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty managed to reach the sixth slot, down from number two last week. The DS version of Toy Story 3 was the highest-placing SKU on the individual platforms chart.
1. Dance on Broadway (Ubisoft, Wii)
2. Art Academy (Nintendo, DS)
3. Just Dance (Ubisoft, Wii)
4. Dragon Quest IX (Square Enix, DS)
5. Super Mario Galaxy (Nintendo, Wii)
6. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty (Activision Blizzard, PC)
7. Sniper: Ghost Warrior (City Interactive, Xbox 360)
8. Toy Story 3 (Disney Interactive Studios, DS)
9. Red Dead Redemption (Take-Two, PS3)
10. Red Dead Redemption (Take-Two, Xbox 360)