Atari and Eden Games' Test Drive Unlimited 2
led the UK software charts this week, becoming the first Atari title to reach number one since Namco Bandai purchased the publisher's European distribution business
in 2009, reports tracking firm Chart-Track.
The online-focused Test Drive Unlimited 2
experienced the most successful launch yet for the Test Drive
franchise, with launch week sales more than double those of the previous title.
Slipping below Test Drive Unlimited 2
on the all-platforms sales charts were EA's Dead Space 2
and FIFA 11
, while Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops
held firm at number four.
After their debut last week, Nintendo's Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!
and Mario Sports Mix
climbed into the top 10 at numbers six and eight, respectively.
Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition
returned to the top 10 at number nine after some recent retailer promotions, and Media Molecule's LittleBigPlanet 2
fell to the bottom of the charts at number 10.
Titles slipping from the charts this week include Nintendo's Art Academy
, EA's Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
, and The Sims 3
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Test Drive Unlimited 2 (Atari)
2. Dead Space 2 (Electronic Arts)
3. FIFA 11 (Electronic Arts)
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
5. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft)
6. Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! (Nintendo)
7. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
8. Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo)
9. Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Collection (Rockstar)
10. LittleBigPlanet 2 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
Both console versions of Test Drive Unlimited 2
topped the individual platforms chart, with 68 percent of the game's sales on Xbox 360 and 28 percent on PlayStation 3, with the remaining sales on PC. Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!
made its way onto the charts at number three, and last week's leader, Dead Space 2
, saw its Xbox and PS3 versions fall to numbers six and eight, respectively.
1. Test Drive Unlimited 2 (Atari, Xbox 360)
2. Test Drive Unlimited 2 (Atari, PS3)
3. Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! (Nintendo, DS)
4. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Wii)
5. Mario Sports Mix (Nintendo, Wii)
6. Dead Space 2 (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360)
7. LittleBigPlanet 2 (Sony Computer Entertainment, PS3)
8. Dead Space 2 (Electronic Arts, PS3)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision, Xbox 360)
10. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Ubisoft, Xbox 360)