Bioware and Electronic Arts' RPG sequel Dragon Age II
debuted atop the UK software sales charts this week, marking EA's third title to reach number one in 2011, reports tracking firm Chart-Track.
For the week ended March 12, the multiplatform Dragon Age II
saw 57 percent of its sales on Xbox 360, with the PlayStation 3 and PC comprising the remaining 22 and 21 percent, respectively.
After setting franchise sales records last week
, Nintendo's most recent Pokemon
titles saw their sales decline by nearly 50 percent, as Pokemon White
fell to number two and Pokemon Black
slipped to number four.
THQ's Wii-exclusive uDraw Studio
made its debut in the UK this week, rounding out the charts at number 10.
Titles falling from the top 10 this week include Nintendo's Wii Party
and Electronic Arts' Dead Space 2
Below are Chart-Track's all-platforms sales charts, which include unit sales of all versions of a given title, and the individual platform charts, which treat individual SKUs separately.
UK All-Platforms Top 10
1. Dragon Age II (Electronic Arts)
2. Pokemon White Version (Nintendo)
3. Fight Night Champion (Electronic Arts)
4. Pokemon Black Version (Nintendo)
5. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft)
6. Bulletstorm (Electronic Arts)
7. Killzone 3 (Sony Computer Entertainment)
8. FIFA 11 (Electronic Arts)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops (Activision)
10. uDraw Studio (THQ)
UK Individual Platforms Top 10
Dragon Age II
took three spots on the individual platforms chart, with its Xbox 360 version at number one, its PS3 version at number six, and its PC version at number eight. Pokemon White/Black
rounded out the top three, while the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of EA's Fight Night Champion
took numbers four and seven, respectively.
1. Dragon Age II (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360)
2. Pokemon White Version (Nintendo, DS)
3. Pokemon Black Version(Nintendo, DS)
4. Fight Night Champion (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360)
5. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Wii)
6. Dragon Age II (Electronic Arts, PS3)
7. Fight Night Champion (Electronic Arts, PS3)
8. Dragon Age II (Electronic Arts, PC)
9. Killzone 3 (Sony Computer Entertainment, PS3)
10. Bulletstorm (Electronic Arts, Xbox 360)