[Gamasutra rounds up the latest news in the world of App Store gaming, featuring standout releases like Jetpack Joyride, Madden NFL 12, Crimson: Steam Pirates, and an iPad version of Doodle Jump.]
- Take A Jetpack Joyride Today With Barry Steakfries
"It plays sort of like those cave games in which you're moving up and down an auto-sidescrolling environment to avoid obstacles, except here you're equipped with a jetpack that fires bullets at evil scientists below you."
- Madden NFL 12 Debuts for iOS Platforms
The iOS version of EA's latest football franchise update promises "smoother, harder hitting collision effects, sharper gameplay, and cleaner graphics than ever before."
- Sega's Brick People Coming To iOS, Minus Physical Blocks
"Instead of requiring the arcade version's set of plastic accessories, Brick People
on iOS just has you dragging digital blocks from a stack, dropping them into place via the multi-touch screen."
- Bungie Aerospace Corporation Launches Free Action-RTS Crimson: Steam Pirates for iPad
"Crimson: Steam Pirates
is conceived by the mind of Harebrained Schemes' Jordan Weisman, creator of the MechWarrior, Crimson Skies, and Shadowrun universes."
- Banzai Rabbit Creator Revolutionary Concepts Tapped for iOS Frogger Remake
is no stranger to remakes, Konami's selection of Revolutionary Concepts as developer is a canny decision. Revolutionary Concepts previously created Banzai Rabbit
, a revamped iOS take on the Frogger
- App Store Favorite Doodle Jump Gets iPad Upgrade
Lima Sky's top-selling Doodle Jump
now has an iPad version boasting redrawn graphics and a wider gameplay area.
- Radballs Brings Together OK Go And Super Puzzle Fighter And More
"The block matching game shares much with similar titles like Tetris Attack, Puyo Puyo, Lumines
, and even Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
. It also taps into your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch's audio library."