The International Game Developers Association has selected Dustin Clingman, CEO of Zee Gee Games (My Tiny Planets
), as its new chair to head the group dedicated to advancing game makers' interests.
With over 10,000 members, the non-profit organization is the largest that serves game developers. IGDA's chair and board of directors are tasked with guiding the group's efforts, which include connecting members with their peers, and advocating issues that affect the community.
Clingman, who has been an IGDA member for close to 15 years now, will take over the position from Riptide Games founder Brian Robbins. He pointed out the group's plans to grow its IGDA Scholars program and enhance its IGDA Summit event in July as efforts the board is currently engaged in.
The complete list of IGDA's 2012-2013 directors, who were elected by the group's members, follows:
- Dustin Clingman (Chair) - CEO, Zee Gee Games
- Ed Fries ‐ (Treasurer) former VP, Microsoft Game Studios
- Jane Pinckard (Secretary) - associate director, Center for Games and Playable Media at UC Santa Cruz
- Brian Robbins (Chair Emeritus) - founder, Riptide Games
- Wendy Despain - writer and designer, International Hobo Ltd.
- Darius Kazemi - director of community development, Bocoup
- Cordy Rierson, studio head, Microsoft Studios
- Sheri Rubin ‐ founder and CEO, Design Direct Deliver
- Coray Seifert - director of product development, Slingo
Four previous IDA board members have also left their positions: 1st Playable Productions' Tobi Saulnier, Funzio's Jamil Moledina, Spry Fox's David Edery, and Berfield Productions' Scott Berfield.