The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Kirkland, Washington
As a Senior Graphics Engineer you will work closely with the Lead Engineer and the rest of your peers to develop state-of-the-art graphics technology for the PlayStation 4, XBoxOne and PC. Your domain will span the entire rendering pipeline and your responsibilities will include both optimizations of current-gen systems and design and implementation of pivotal new graphics technology.
In addition, as part of our highly collaborative engineering group, you will have ample opportunity to share your experience and expertise on the development of engineering systems across the entire codebase. Opportunities for involvement in the creative process will also present themselves regularly throughout the course of each project. This job will require close collaboration with the Lead Engineer on issues of technical design and the Senior Tech Artists as appropriate during implementation and roll-out of new features.
The Senior Graphics Engineer will also work with the Lead Engineer to help develop realistic schedules and identify all dependencies.
- Design, author, maintain and document robust and highly optimized systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements.
- Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of your systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects.
- Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of your systems.
- Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture.
- Collaborate with Lead Engineer, Technical Art and Game Engineers to identify systems in need of optimization or replacement and on proposals of exciting new graphics technologies.
- Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies.
- Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years professional C/C++ programming.
- Experience working with current graphics algorithms and hardware.
- Designed, implemented, optimized and maintained major rendering systems for a published game (preferred).
- Experience with memory management, multi-threading and low-level optimizations.
- Experience writing shaders (HLSL / Cg) (preferred).
- Experience with image filtering techniques (preferred).
- Experience developing for either Xbox360 or PS3 (preferably both).
- Worked on multi-year, large-scale production game title from concept to ship (preferred).
- Experience developing first or third person action games (preferred).
- Proven ability to rapidly prototype new graphics techniques and turn these prototypes into robust, maintainable, shippable systems.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust, maintainable, cutting-edge technology.
- Ability to easily communicate technical topics with both engineers and non-technical people alike.
- Ability to openly discuss and review technical proposals, requirements, designs, algorithms, source code, and reference documents with engineers, content creators and managers.
- Microsoft Visual C++ development environment.
- Creative, focused, results-oriented, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging skills.
- Ability to work well in a team development environment with strong communication skills.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading technology and ship the highest quality AAA games.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Interested? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here