The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: Newcastle, England
CCP is looking to add a strong industry experienced Backend Programmer to its Programming team in the Newcastle Studio. The studio is currently working on EVE Valkyrie which is a fast paced space dogfighting shooter enhanced through the use of VR hardware and is entering new territory for mainline game development. For this exciting and ground-breaking project we require a confident and talented "full stack" engineer to take on responsibility for all the backend development requirements.
- Designing, developing and maintaining scalable backend services to support a high number of concurrent gamers
- Developing and improving the architecture of the server side technology stack, pipelines and processes
- Constantly test and profile to ensure the stability, scalability, security and performance of the backend services
- Ensuring continuity of service and maintaining the security of all systems
- Understanding the requirements of the game, and using these to create a prioritized backlog of backend development tasks
- Communicating effectively about the backend services with a multi-disciplinary game team
Experience / Skills Required:
- A proven track record of delivering high quality, real-time online game projects
- Experience of the full game-development cycle, from requirements gathering and design through to implementation, deployment, testing, launch and live operations
- Experience with designing scalable REST-ful web APIs
- Experience of working with large volume relational databases
- Extensive practical knowledge of Python, Java or C# in a professional environment for 5+ years
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in the live deployment of complex web services
- Passionate about gaming
- Good English skills
- Experience of managing or mentoring one or more less-experienced programmers
- Experience creating web services using ASP.NET
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development and Unit Testing
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here