The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: New York, NY
As a Vehicle Designer at Avalanche Studios, your work will be focused around what you like to do most: design and tune many different vehicles which form the backbone of our next open world game - thatas a variety of vehicles which extend far beyond traditional cars.
Our vision is focused on player satisfaction and on innovation i our plan is to deliver stunning vehicles in terms of handling, physics simulation and destruction rendition. Something no open world to date has yet achieved. You will work in a multidisciplinary team, constantly interacting with programmers, artists, and other designers.
You will also be expected to take ownership of our vehicle design, carry-on the overall vision with support and direction from the Lead Designer, ensuring weare constantly aligned to the promise of delivering an over-the-top vehicle experience. To this extent, youare also expected to drive an on-going competitive analysis to assess the quality and scope of the player experience against that of the competition.
Avalanche Studios is developing for next-gen platforms so if you think you have the skills and you want to innovate in the field of vehicle design, this is the opportunity for you.
Required Qualifications - Please do not apply if you don't fulfill the following:
- Passion for vehicles.
- 3+ years industry experience as programmer or technical designer; at least 2 of these years spent on a vehicle programmer or vehicle designer position.
- At least 1 shipped game on XBOX360, PS3, or PC.
- Good understanding of physics and mathematics; experience in tuning physics-based vehicles.
- Working experience giving high and low level design and technical feedback to other team members (as well as receiving feedback).
- Youare articulate, have strong conceptual skills and the ability to communicate your ideas visually and verbally.
- Passion for games and ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically.
- Experience from an open world title.
- Experience with physics simulations.
To apply for this position please register below with a detailed resume and cover letter. Apply as soon as possible as we review applications continuously. All further information is provided under non-disclosure agreement only. All applicants are required to relocate to work full-time in New York.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here