The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions
being advertised right now.Location: San Francisco, CA
We're looking for a Director/Sr. Director of Engineering to lead development on one of our RPG titles! Reporting to the head of engineering for the studio, your mandate will be to hire and train world-class iOS, Android, Unity and Server engineers, manage and mentor the team, and provide technical insight and direction to the project.
What you do every day
- Lead by example: Guide and mentor a team of engineers, conduct code reviews, and install best practices to the engineers.
- Interface with product management, QA, customer service, and other stakeholders to coordinate the development schedule, technical requirements, optimizations, and other day to day concerns.
- Design, develop, and release features for your title, and contribute to best practices and re-usable technology company-wide.
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and training future GREE engineers for your own teams and others.
- Enjoy as your games are played by millions of players.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Prior experience as an engineering manager or director, managing 10+ people.
- A drive to use state of the art technologies and the pragmatism to know when to use the tried and true and when to come up with a new solution.
- You thrive in a fast paced agile development environment.
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design methodologies.
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or other game development engines.
- Experience with 3D graphics.
- Prior experience with iOS or Android development a strong plus.
- Previous shipped titles - mobile, console or other triple AAA.
- Experience with maintaining applications in a live environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Interested? Apply now
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here
. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here