The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Rafael, California
Reporting to the Head of Studio, the Technology Studio Manager is responsible for managing team-members, activities and resources within the Telltale Technology Department. This role is responsible for the day-to-day management of personnel, including but not limited to career development, resource allocation, training and conflict resolution.
- Responsible for the day to day running of Technology Department in support of Telltale technology plans in partnership with Technical leadership.
- Work closely with VP of Engineering and Technical Directors to ensure Telltale Technical, Gameplay, Aesthetic and Quality standards are met while supporting production in moving forward on schedule and on budget.
- Work closely with the Head of Studio, production teams, and department leads to ensure adequate, efficient, and effective project staffing and to support producers to provide solutions and to resolve staffing conflicts across the studio.
- Fields the technology requests from all projects/studio, and works with Department Head to adequately identify and prioritize development tasks.
- Updates all stakeholders of progress and implementation of requested features and new technology.
- Assists in the roll-out of any pertinent technology, including in-house demo/training and provides clear and accurate documentation.
- Work with HR Director to conduct quarterly talent reviews and deliver performance review feedback for all Creative team members.
- Identify departmental hiring needs and work with Recruiting team to hire and onboard the best talent.
- Organize regular communication with internal department leads to ensure departments are running smoothly from one episode to the next and across seasons and franchises.
- Create and maintain org-charts, weekly team/department reports.
- Produce productivity and labor reports as required.
- Maintain shared staffing capacity plans for all disciplines and development teams.
- Triage urgent staffing needs in a timely manner, prioritizing the needs of the studio.
- In partnership with Department Head and Leads, develop training and on-boarding plans for department personnel.
- Review and approve weekly timecards for team members.
- Provide analysis of schedules, staffing and resources needs as needed
- Identify and strategize for increased efficiency and better workflow, including suggestions for new technology, tracking tools, etc.
- Shepherd cross-departmental and studio-level documentation/projects as needed.
- Liaison for independent contractors hired on a project-basis.
- Work with the Department Head and Leads to document Telltale’s institutional knowledge on department specific, episodic production processes.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team.
- Serve as a point person and liaison with external third-party production service teams and companies.
- Manage deliverables from third-party production service providers as needed.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years production experience with one or more complete development cycles in a production role.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience as a Technical Producer within game development/production or episodic television.
- Must have shipped at least one game and/or been involved with one project or season through a complete development/production cycle.
- Strong technical background desirable (Must understand game development pipelines and how tools integrate into the engines).
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with project management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff and vendors.
- Experience coordinating and aligning working in an international, cross-functional, multi-organizational project or initiative.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities within tight deadlines.
- Must be receptive and able to effectively embrace change.
- Proactive, self-directed, and able to work well in a fast-paced creative environment whilst consistently exercising sound judgment.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.