The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Novato, CA
Let's talk some truth: Making games is hard. It's a collision of art and technology that’s about as predictable as a tornado.
There's no secret formula, no foolproof blueprint—but it certainly helps to have a reason for making games in the first place. "Every Player's Story is Unique." At Hangar 13, that's why we make games. We’re currently creating an intense action game set in an immersive world and with a strong narrative, but player agency is at the heart of everything we do.
We want to give players the freedom to choose how to overcome challenges and make meaningful decisions that shape the world and characters around them.
Hangar 13 is looking for a seasoned graphics programmer who enjoys a collaborative and creative work environment and is looking to push the boundaries of cutting edge 3D graphics. Research, develop, implement, and debug high-end and photorealistic graphics techniques applicable to characters and large-scale environments.
• Design and Write code that fulfills the functional, graphical and technical requirements of the project.
• Provide the Lead Programmer with feedback regarding the time allotted to assigned tasks.
• Assist the artists with the creation of cutting edge environments and effects within technical requirements.
• Work with proprietary existing software technology and build new technology in order to fulfill the project’s technical requirements.
• Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological developments and advancements in the game industry.
• Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• 5+ years of programming experience on graphics programming.
• Experience developing for games; preferably: action, FPS or 3PS titles
• Shipped one or more AAA game titles.
• Expert knowledge of real time rendering techniques in relation to lighting and visual effects
• Experience with multi-processor programming.
• Experience developing for game consoles.
• Experience working on multi-platform software projects.
• Expertise in C/C++
• Thorough understanding of 3D math.
• Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures.
• Ability to research, analyze and optimize code to meet performance requirements.
• Ability to learn and master new technologies and code.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently under reasonable deadlines.
ABOUT HANGAR 13:
Hangar 13 is the newest 2K development studio. We’re focused on creating AAA games for console and PC. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. We are located just thirty minutes north of San Francisco, where we’re currently building our own proprietary engine and tools in service of our current title, Mafia III.
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.