The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Hi-Rez Studios is immediately hiring a talented and self-motivatedGame Systems Programmer to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who love to create, & challenged to learn. Come and unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed Tribes: Ascend, SMITE and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new project, Paladins: Champions of the Realm.
What our Game Systems Programmers do:
- Design and implementation of system game features and modules that affect real-time data models for players, teams, missions, clans, stats & achievements, and more.
- Take requirements for SMITE and build features that contribute to the core technology framework and can be applied to other multiplayer games throughout the studio.
- Will contribute to both the client- and server-side technology while gaining experience in many aspects of game programming including, but not limited to: gameplay, performance, UI, and tools.
- Participate in design of core services architecture.
- Develop systems that are stable, scalable, and secure.
- Own the creation and development of features while taking responsibility for their completeness, efficiency and maintainability.
Who we are looking for:
- Ideal candidate is an engineer focused on developing core gameplay systems for a 3D action MOBA that will have an impact across multiple games.
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity with C++ with a strong basis in object oriented programming and data-driven systems.
- Ability to write clean, well documented code with performance in mind.
- Understand data structures, algorithms and methodologies.
- Self-starter with excellent analytic, debugging, and problem solving skills.
- Quick learner, able to identify technical risks and understand complex systems quickly.
- Good communication skills and can collaborate with engineers and content creators in an open, team environment.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 3 engine a plus.