Get a job: Twisted Pixel is hiring a Gameplay Engineer
The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Austin, TX
Seeking an accomplished Senior/Mid-level Gameplay Programmer to work with a team of experienced programmers on an unannounced game using our proprietary engine and tools. Candidate would be expected to work in several areas of game development, however would be primarily tasked with gameplay related functionality.
The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a team-oriented/collaborative approach to development, and be experienced in many areas of game development—including programming tasks related to a variety of subjects such as physics, graphics, gameplay, networking, math, tools, etc. Candidates must be focused on the quality of their work, be able to learn quickly, be able to complete any programming task efficiently, and be able to grasp new technologies and concepts quickly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement gameplay related tasks
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks
- Design and develop game systems that contribute to the core technology framework
- Work closely with game designers, producers, engineers, and artists to ensure the highest quality product
- Put in the effort and time necessary to complete tasks in a timely fashion as well as making sure they are robust, expandable, and
- Design and develop technical features specific to the game
Skillsets & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years programming experience
- Outstanding C/C++ programming skills, and ability to grasp complex systems
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- At least one shipped title
- A passion for games and game development
- Desire to put in the time and effort necessary to make a game great
- Experience with C# for tools development
- Experience with Lua as a game scripting language
- Experience with low level API’s
- Experience with low level performance optimizations
- Experience developing a multiplayer networked game
- Experience working with a small team of programmers
If you feel you have the passion, dedication and skills that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Twisted Pixel Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Interested? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.