The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Mateo, CA
Are you a Senior Environment Artist ready to be part of something completely different? Our team currently led by some of our industry’s best artistic and creative veterans is looking for their next Sr. level artist to help build something magical. Come join our San Mateo studios. Greatness Awaits!
Our Senior Environment Artist must:
- Possess the ability to effectively collaborate with a wide-range of development team members outside of their direct discipline to optimally achieve artistic goals and implementation
- Act as a high level contributor to the development of the artistic techniques and processes utilized to define and achieve a product’s visual style or encourage artistic evolution within the studio
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the art production pipeline and all engine, tools and systems associated with the creation of art assets
- Ensure environment/level assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the artistic vision of the game as a whole
- Be capable of resolving an assortment of moderately complex artistic development issues for both artists and other team members
- Serve as an artistic resource for overall product or studio needs, by collaborating and discussing general research, developing cutting-edge techniques and testing new systems or tools, techniques, providing training, transmitting industry related information and conveying concerns
- Strong traditional fine art skills, training and production experience (illustration, painting, organic forms, color theory, perspective, 2D & 3D design.)
- Proficient in the use of Unreal 4 Maya (or 3D modeling package) and Photoshop.
- Unreal 4 experience desirable
- Previous or next-gen video game platform experience is desirable
- Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Works under minimal direction to determine and develop approach to solutions
- B.A. in fine arts or relevant curriculum or equivalent skillset
- Minimum 5 years' industry experience or related experience
- 2 or more published titles considered a strength
Interested? Get started here.
Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.