The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We are looking for innovative gameplay programmers to join our team. Cignition is a growing startup, passionate about blending gameplay and pedagogy to create immersive learning experiences. As a member of our team, you will wear many hats and be required to prototype, develop core features, and optimize for target platforms. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with designers, artists, other developers, teachers, scientists, and subject-matter experts to help define the vision for our products.
- Write extensible and easily maintained game code using C# in the Unity game engine.
- Create asynchronous data-driven components capable of handling dynamic content received from a web server.
- Develop technical solutions for challenges faced in deploying a multi-platform game with limited processing and storage resources.
- Mastery of software design fundamentals including object oriented patterns, event driven systems, optimization, and debugging principals.
- Must have gone through a full commercial product cycle – from concept to shipping and post launch support in a role that included both architecting game systems and tracking down bugs.
- Self-starter, mentality to thrive in a startup environment, exploring a new problem space.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with tablet/mobile graphics pipelines, multi-threaded programming practices, and HTTP API techniques.
- iOS/Tablet/touch-interface design and implementation.
- Familiar with Python and REST API fundamentals.
- Highly collaborative environment with wide range of expertise.
- Opportunity to greatly improve human learning.
- Generous stock options and opportunity to help build company from startup.
- Highly competitive benefits package.
Send your resume to [email protected]
Interested? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.