The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here are just a few of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Gatos, CA
Cryptic Studios is looking for a talented Character Artist with a genuine passion for games! You’ll work in close collaboration with concept artists, animators, designers, and engineers to create characters, creatures, weapons, armor and costumes in our games. The ideal candidate understands the aesthetics and technicalities of game-ready character art and can texture, shade, surface, optimize and implement just as well as they can sculpt.
We actively balance our work with the personal lives of our employees. At Cryptic, we hire great people who love the work, the genre and the game.
Every day you could be:
- Collaborating with artists, designers, and engineers to bring visually compelling characters to life
- Sculpting detailed high-poly models, creating efficient low-poly meshes and implementing in-game assets for characters, creatures, weapons, armor and items
- Creating high quality textures and materials
- Using our custom tools to bring assets in-game, troubleshoot issues and ensure that character art supports gameplay and performance
What we'd like to see:
- 3+ years’ game development experience, specifically creating real-time characters and items using 3ds Max, ZBrush and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Exceptional understanding of human/creature anatomy, color theory, values, form, shape language, silhouette and composition
- Strong knowledge of weapon, armor, fashion and costume design
- Demonstrated ability to work in a broad range of styles, within technical constraints, using proprietary systems and tools
- Creative problem solving abilities and willingness to collaborate to find solutions
- Self-motivated, humble, excellent communication skills and a team-player attitude
- BA or BS degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
- AAA PC or console experience as a 3D character artist
- Solid foundation in traditional art, drawing, painting, illustration and/or concept art
- Proficiency with Substance Designer/Painter
- Basic skinning/weighting experience with a foundational understanding of rigging, animation and deformation
- Passion for the Star Trek and/or Dungeons & Dragons franchises preferred
- Required application materials:
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant artistic/design skills
- An art test may be required
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Interested? Get started here.
Location: Marina del Rey, California
Skydance Interactive is looking for software engineers at all levels of experience. You will enjoy a dynamic, collaborative and supportive team environment, where we actively encourage creative exploration and skills development.
- Work closely with engineers, designers, artists, producers and quality assurance to make great games.
- Design, implement, debug and maintain highly scalable, performant game code, engine code and tools code.
- Debug, improve and maintain our large existing code-bases. You will need to be comfortable working in (and learning) a variety of programming languages as needed.
- Write detailed unit tests and provide documentation.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
- You will have shipped at least one game title to which you have made a significant contribution.
- You should feel comfortable developing and debugging complex software using C/C++.
- A strong foundation in mathematics, especially those areas commonly used in game development, is highly desirable.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
Other stuff we would be excited to see
- Shipped at least one online game
- Shipped a shooter game
- Experience with VR development
- Experience with Java and Full-stack Engineering
- Experience working with embedded systems and assembly language programming
- Experience with Unreal
Interested? Apply now.
Location: Cambridge, MA
You're a special kind of artist. When you hear designers talk about hovering, you think button states. It's hard talking to 3d artists - they keep misusing the term "wireframe." Recurring nightmare: a string gets infected by German and grows to TEN TIMES its normal size.
You create beautiful, functional UI in a range of styles. Kitten petting game? Easy. Underwater merman village? Check!
You know how to give designers the beautiful button they want, not the functional button they're asking for.
You know it's important to land that back button in just... the right... spot. There.
You love UI challenges, and Demiurge needs you.
If you care about the user’s experience from the very first splash screen all the way through the ending credits, we’d love to talk with you!
- Design & implement static and animated user interfaces for video games to be shipped on iOS, Android and PC
- Execute UI design with a keen eye for detail at all levels - attend to the overarching screen-to-screen UI placement as well as the border treatment in an achievement icon
- Work independently and collaboratively with team members to solve UI challenges
- Quickly mockup & communicate design intents in a fast-paced, highly iterative development environment
- Accurately estimate your work and expected development times while making smart tradeoffs between quality and pace
- Expert user of industry standard tools including Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash
- Experience designing screen flows for console, PC and/or iOS titles
- A thorough understanding of visual and textual communication principles
- Comfortable giving and receiving work critiques in open sessions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for creating high quality user experiences in a team setting
PREFERENCE TO APPLICANTS WITH
- Experience developing Flash interfaces
- Experience developing interfaces in Unity
- Experience making interfaces for mobile games
- Credit on titles localized for French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese
- A degree in UX, fine art or graphic design
- Experience creating marketing materials or developing brands
- Outside interests!
Please send a resume and a portfolio website for consideration. Please include the URL for your website on your resume.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.