The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Bandai Namco Studios Vancouver is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Gameplay Engineer to join our team! Our mission is to develop top-tier social games aimed at the North American market. As our Gameplay Engineer, you will work together with our talented team of developers to ship AAA titles.
- Design, implement and maintain game mechanics that create great user experience.
- Implement and enhance gameplay core, mostly written in C++ and integrate with Unity.
- Rapidly prototyping to find the fun and improve user experience.
- Identify potential performance issues and optimize to meet hardware requirements.
- Collaborate with both internal and external dev teams.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, or related field.
- 3 years of professional engineering experience, working on making gameplay for 3D action game.
- Good knowledge in programming with Unity/C# and C++.
- Strong knowledge in gameplay with expertise in at least 1 of the following: Physics, AI, Control, Graphics.
- Familiarity with Agile development processes and task management tools – JIRA, Redmine etc.
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Being a tech enthusiast.
- Additional language experience such as Lua, Ruby, Python, Objective-C, Java, etc.
- Professional experience with both console and mobile.
- Backend and networking knowledge.
- Low-level graphics API knowledge, such as Vulcan, Metal, and etc.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.