The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Rafael, California
Telltale’s Core Engineering group is responsible for developing low-level and mid-level libraries and tools used by Telltale’s multi-platform downloadable game development system; the “Telltale Tool”. The “Telltale Tool” is used by Telltale’s artists, designers, and Lua programmers to create tons of amazing content for XboxOne, PS4, XBOX360, PS3, Wii, iOS, PC, Mac, and Android. The Core Engineering group creates true “author once, run anywhere” technology.
- Contribute to bringing the telltale technology to new challenging platforms: XboxOne, PS4, Mobile, and TV
- Improve, debug, and extend existing platform technologies while also building new features in order to meet the needs of consoles, desktops, and high-end mobile devices
- Create clean API’s for internal tools and editors that support developing cutting edge game technology in lighting, shadows, and post effects
- Create robust, long-lived, content-agnostic systems with abstraction layers that enable maximum cross-platform feature fidelity
- Keep abreast of latest developments in hardware & software via developer support, conferences, and publications
- Contribute to the overall architecture and design of the technology plan of the company and game titles
- Analyze code performance and optimize appropriately for speed and memory usage
Essential Skills and Experience
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of professional C++/STL experience is required
- 1+ years of professional game development experience including at least some development experience with current or next gen hardware (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, XboxOne)
- Deep understanding of current hardware and tools with a keen focus on measurement and analysis to improve performance
- Solid foundation in 3D math, algorithms, and modern computing fundamentals
- Self-directing and independent, working effectively within an existing engine structure
- Experience maintaining and debugging a large legacy code base developed by multiple programmers over many years
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.