The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Frisco, Texas
- Develop single player and cooperative levels based on existing game design documents, direction from project leadership, and collaboration with peers. This involves taking a design all the way from a paper design to a shipping product, iterating over time based on feedback, creative goals, and project deadlines.
- Prototype, iterate, and polish moment-to-moment gameplay while working with narrative designers, enemy designers, artists, and other disciplines to ensure quality combats and mission experiences for the final customers
- Mentorship and sharing of expertise with junior level designers and other design staff. Ability to model a positive tone and work ethic to junior members of the team. Ability to provide and receive good feedback when iterating levels.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of building and shipping large level environments. Should include videos or screenshots of shipped levels, and any additional documentation showing design and iteration process.
- Understanding of modern level design practices, including layout, pacing, technical implementation, and above all else creating fun experiences for players.
- Strong eye towards aesthetics, with an ability to work hand-in-hand with art teams. Previous experience in an art role is a plus.
- Excellent documentation, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. Ability to maintain focus and self-motivation towards the current project goals.
- Live near or be able to relocate to Frisco, Texas
- Have shipped 2 or more AAA action titles, with a preference towards Unreal technology and first-person shooters.
Desired but not required:
- Shipped games using Unreal 4 technology
- Experience with the certification and shipping process on modern consoles
- Experience working with large inter-disciplinary teams
- Co-op and/or Online Multiplayer experience.
- Previous leadership experience
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.