The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Marina del Rey, California
We’re on the lookout for an experienced artist to help out future projects! You’ll be a core and integral part of the Yacht Club Games team: responsible for developing in-game art assets. The perfect candidate will demonstrate skills in creating environment art, character art, VFX, UI, and more. You should feel comfortable working together on a small team to define, create, and lead the art for Yacht Club Games projects.
- Create high quality 3D art assets that adhere to art direction and game style.
- Model, texture, and light environments and characters.
- Work with team to design and implement visuals for games within technical and style restrictions.
- Collaborate with designers and programmers to create and implement assets. Provide feedback on how to improve tools and increase team productivity.
- Able to work independently or with small team to manage tasklist and workflow. Manage outsource artists, animators, and review art related assets created outside of the core game team.
- Learn and adapt to art and production pipelines to create and iterate on art quickly.
- Assist in additional roles at the company as interested - included in all parts of game creation from business and marketing to art and design decisions.
- Master's degree or equivalent; or five years related experience/training; or combination of education and experience.
- Experience with 3D animation, character or environment modeling, and rigging.
- Proficiency in 3D software (Maya, ZBrush, Mudbox, 3ds Max, etc)
- Knowledgeable in modern rendering techniques: programmable shaders, 3D lighting, VFX tools. Experience creating custom materials, working with static and dynamic lighting.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong animation skills.
- Excellent organization / directory skills.
- Strong portfolio showcasing recent work.
- Self-motivated and curious with a willingness to continue learning.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with SVN.
- Willing to work in Los Angeles office.
- Every member is a core part of the team, involved in any part of the company that interests them!
- Working in our beautiful penthouse office located on the Marina in Los Angeles!
- Robust medical and dental insurance
- Profit Sharing and Bonus plans
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited vacation and sick days
- Free onsite parking
- Fully stocked kitchen with unlimited snacks!
- Chance to work with a top-notch team on cool and unique games!
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.