The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Espoo, Finland
Remedy is working on two very different games as well as its own Northlight engine and tools technology, so if you want to work with state of the art AI systems and help us take our tech to the next level, we are the right place for you.
While working as a Senior AI Programmer, you will be working with highly passionate team members to bring NPCs alive by extending Remedy’s new game AI technology. This will involve working with both the core game AI technology and the game specific layer. You will be working with other AI programmers and designers using and extending behavior trees, spatial queries, navigation meshes and sensory systems.
• Take ownership of game AI systems and drive them to final quality
• Help designers to create and maintain behavior trees and environment queries using custom made tools
• Create and maintain workflows for game specific game AI features such as combat spawning and rule based group behaviors
• At least one shipped title working in Game AI or Gameplay
• Solid in C++
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
• Passion for playing and developing exceptional games
• Ability to collaborate and work with a range of disciplines from art to design
What is in it for you?
• Yes, you get to move to Finland where the quality of life is exceptional and cost of living is affordable.
• Moving to a new country can be intimidating, but our relocation service is there every step of the way to take care of you. You can concentrate on work, while we’ll take care of everything else.
• You will be offered competitive compensation with a bonus system.
• We work hard, but at Remedy we believe in a great work life balance. Happy people work better. In Finland you get up to 5 weeks of paid vacation every year. This is on top of public holidays and other special occasions.
• Above all, you get to work on awesome, unique video games that the global audience is interested in at a studio where your input is valued. We try our hardest to keep our team sizes and the work load sensible, so your contributions feel valuable.
If you are interested please apply now. The position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
Interested? Apply now.
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.