The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: San Francisco, California
Supergiant Games, the independent studio behind Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre, is seeking a technical designer to join its creative team to help implement, iterate on, and debug game systems and content. The ideal candidate has excellent instincts and well-practiced talent both for the technical and experiential aspects of game design, and thrives in a highly collaborative, small-team environment. This is a full-time position on-site at our studio space in San Francisco.
- 2- or 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Credit on at least one commercial, student, or personal game project from start to finish
- Fluent in Lua or similar game scripting language
- Fluent in XML, JSON, or similar data file format
- Fluent with at least one game editor such as Unity, Unreal, Galaxy Map Editor, or GameMaker
- Experience with C# or similar programming language a plus
- Extensive knowledge of and experience playing games, new and old, low and high budget, across a variety of genres
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and comfort working in small, collaborative team environment
- Local resident or willing to relocate to San Francisco area
- Work closely with our content team, including our designers and artists, to implement new systems and features
- Assist in iterating on and adding content to existing systems
- Reinforce a high standard for cleanly implementing systems and content with our tools and scripting language
- Work closely with our content team and Quality Assurance to track down and fix bugs found in game systems and content
- Work closely with the engineering team to identify and test new tools and engine capabilities
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation, 401(k), and medical benefits, including vision and dental
- Work on a small, creative, high-performance team
- Craft and iterate on essential systems and content in Supergiant’s next and future titles
- Opportunity to travel to game conventions and conferences
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.