The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Phosphor Studios is seeking multiple, experienced programmers to join our team. We are looking for people who are smart, self-motivated, and passionate about amazing games and interactive experiences.
Our Programmers take point on technical decisions, engine optimizations, and bug fixes. They also get to be creative and own gameplay systems, and are expected to research new development techniques. Programmers at Phosphor Studios work closely with art and design teams to establish realistic expectations while still achieving a high-quality fun factor.
Our main studio is located in Chicago, IL, in the heart of Fulton Market and close to many great restaurants. We have a competitive benefits package, flexible work schedule, and are based in a very livable and cool city!
- Write modern C++ that is clear and easy to maintain
- Take ownership over your code and systems and work to improve those systems autonomously
- Architect new systems by working closely with other disciplines, including art, design, audio, and animation.
- Quickly learn our build and development environment, and become an expert on the game engine in which you are working
- Participate in code reviews and provide technical guidance for other developers on the team
- Be proactive about continually improving our development environment and process
- Be a fun and upbeat team member, and help your teammates become better game developers
- For Engine: Take charge of making sure our platform builds are working and running at rate, within memory and disk space limitations, with acceptable load times, and are TRC compliant
- For Engine: Optimize game and engine systems in order to ship products
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Game Development, a related discipline, or equivalent real world experience
- 2+ years’ experience as a professional game programmer
- Have completed and shipped a software product with a full team
- For Engine: Expert in C++ and highly knowledgeable about modern software engineering principles (Source Control, Continuous Integration, etc.)
- For Engine: Experience analyzing performance problems and optimizing engine and gameplay systems
- For Engine: Experience finding and fixing low level bugs in engine code
- Experience using UE4, UE3, or Unity engines
- Experience in web technologies like in AWS, AZURE, backend dev, or full stack dev, etc.
- Experience creating art assets
- For Engine: Experience shipping games on current console platforms
- For Engine: Experience with graphics programming or debugging of graphics bugs
- For Engine: Experience with multiplayer game development or low level networking
- For Engine: Experience with a major middleware package (PhysX, WWise, etc.)
Phosphor Studios is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy. People from all walks of life irrespective of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, and disability are encouraged to apply.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.