The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Los Gatos, California
Senior Producers at Cryptic Studios work closely with designers, artists and programmers to organize and drive the game development process. A Senior Producer’s number one priority within the development structure is to make sure the overall development and business goals are being driven towards and met. This means a no-nonsense approach to problem-solving with daily communication and working to support all the members of the team in task management and scheduling challenges.
Every day you could be:
- Working in the trenches with Artists, Designers, QA and Programmers tracking tasks and helping the developers stay on schedule.
- Drive the team in every aspect of development, from scheduling and management of multiple internal teams and features, to dealing with outside publishers and licensors.
- Direct the production team, QA, and the development team for releases during production, delivery to test shards, final launch to players, and ongoing maintenance in a live game environment.
- Be a leader in growing and defining the production process for the game team, while refining the existing production pipelines.
- Act as a product knowledge expert from a game and business perspective for the entire team.
- Providing critical feedback and insight on the current monetization, release cadence, and event cadence plans to the Executive Producer, while communicating these plans internally and externally.
- Communicating to individual team members and contributors in various departments, other producers, and management on the status of live issues, tasks, features, and projects.
What you need to work here:
- Minimum 5 years in the video game industry, working in production or product development.
- Must have shipped at least one video game title.
- Superb communications skills, both written and verbal.
- A high-level understanding of project management and scheduling concepts.
- A passion for games and the ability to talk about why you think they are fun.
- Be able to talk art, design and software without pretending.
- Have a great attitude and likeable personality.
- Ability to work independently while exercising sound judgment.
Things we’d love to see:
Experience working in various established production methodologies.
- Live Product management, build management, and performance analytics experience.
- Live game development and support experience.
- Console development experience.
- Proficient knowledge or practical experience in one of the other gaming disciplines: 3D Art, Game Design, or Programming.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Proficiency in another language.
- Fanatic level enthusiasm of some entertainment industry field (role playing games, comics, movies, television, etc.).
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.